2X20: The Last Day- Part 5

Damon speeds us off somewhere. I don't know where until we burst through a door, so I can take a look around. I see we are in Alaric's apartment. That mother fucker. He might as well be an UPS delivery man, for just bringing me right here because Klaus was sitting down. I'm going to assume Damon saw no concern in this because he thinks he can stop Klaus.

"I wasn't aware you'd been invited in," Klaus says unhappy then sees me and perks up. "Well what do you know Katerina, she is right here. Being hand delivered."

"I've come here to tell you that you have to postpone the ritual," Damon commands Klaus bravely. Katherine stands up.

"Didn't we already have this conversation?" Klaus thinks back to earlier today at the bar.

"Yeah, but that was before Mystal and I rescued you werewolf and vampire and I killed your witch," Damon gloats for the both of us.

Klaus jumps up very fast, "Excuse me," He is now angry.

"And you can kill me for it. I don't care. It was all me. Well and Mystal, but you won't kill her for it. If you will then I take all the blame," Damon owns up and tries to protect me.

"Katerina, give us a moment," Klaus dismisses her. She looks down before walking away, and looks at Damon and I like we are stupid.

Klaus steps up to Damon, "I've heard about you and I've been told about you," He the looks at me for the "told" part.

Yes I told him about my brothers, stake me. At least I mentioned them, unlike they did to me.

Klaus continues, "The crazy, impulsive vampire. In love with his brothers girl. The meaner, funner brother who actually cares for someone, his sister." Damon just tilts his head to the side, knowing it was all true. Klaus steps back, "I knew one of you, most likely with Mystal, would try to stop me," Klaus admits he assumed. Uh oh. "It's was just a 50/50 on which brother and about 80/20 on Mystal."

He thinks he knows me so well, and he was right, ugh! Then he goes over to his laptop and pushes a button making the volume turn up.

He chuckles and smirks very big, "The nice thing about werewolves is they tend to travel in packs," If I know where this is going, then shame on me for not thinking of it sooner. The screaming continues as he slams the laptop shut and grabs his cellphone, "Need a closer look?"

Klaus tosses Damon the cellphone and I peer over his shoulder. Damon flips it over and we see none other than Jules. She is chained up somewhere and is screaming.

"Jules," Damon and I both comment at the same time.

Klaus steps over to us, "When you spend a thousand years trying to break a curse..." He circles around Damon and I, "You learn a thing or two," He then gets right in Damon's face. "First rule- always have a back-up. I can't believe Mystal didn't even expect this. Have you lost your touch? Been gone from me too long?" He taunts and proceeds, "Back-up werewolf. Back-up witch."

"Back-up Vampire," Damon finishes.

"I've got that covered too," Klaus says, "And I have my wife, no back-up wanted or needed for that." Klaus the comes over and snaps my neck.

3P POV
Katherine is leaning over Damon who is on the ground. She has a blood bag to his lips trying to get him awake.

"Hey, Damon," She whispers and smacks him on the cheek over and over, "Hey. Damon."

"Ahh," He lets out, finally coming to, "What the hell happened?"

"He's gone," Katherine tells him. "He took Mystal with him. He went to do the ritual. I'm sorry. I had to. He would have known that I was on vervain if I didn't do it."

"Ahh, do what?" Damon doesn't follow, and tries to stand up.

"Klaus. He made me call her to lure her out. He needed another vampire," Katherine rushes out.

"Who did you call?" He asks, still dazed. Katherine gives him a 'sorry' look. He grabs her arm, "Who did you call, Katherine?" He repeats harsher.

~~~

"He should have used me," Damon complains after Katherine tells him she called Jenna, "Why didn't he use me? Mystal is gonna offer herself up now, probably! She hates him and likes Jenna," Damon starts to freak out.

"He couldn't," Katherine interjects, "Damon, he said you were as good as dead. And he said that Mystal is a hybridess, whatever the hell that is, so she wouldn't work, and that he'd never use her anyway."

"What does that even mean? The first part," He asks, knowing that hybridess is probably what Mystal's weird vampire-witch thing is called.

"What does it mean?" Katherine repeats his words. She takes his arm in her hand, "What is this, Damon?" Bringing his attention to the big purplish-red circle on his arm that has bubble looking things on it and veins coming from it.

Damon looks shocked, "It's a werewolf bite," He answers. He looks up to her, unhappy, and her jaw drops.