2X18: The Last Dance- Part 4

Damon and I walk up to the school. I see 60's decorations. Caroline did good, I was told she organizes these things. Damon and I look over to Bonnie who is hugging Jeremy and he raises his eyebrows at her.

"Damon, Mystal," She acknowledges us and Jeremy lets go.

"Evenin," He greets and I wave.

We go inside. Wait, is my brother my date? I groan, lame. As we all walk into the actual dance everyone is clapping and cheering.

The girl who talked to me at lunch, Dana, is at the mic, "We have a special shout-out tonight. This is for Mystal. From Klaus." I look in horror and everyone claps and cheers again.

"This is dedicated to the one I love. This is dedicated to the one I love. This is dedicated," The music plays. My blood boils and Elena starts to panic.

"That was a lame, cheap shot. He's just trying to bait us," Damon calms us down.

"I know everyone here," Elena searches, "Mystal?"

"I don't see him," I sigh.

"Maybe he's not here," Stefan suggests, "Just wants us to believe that he is."

"It's a party people. Blend," Damon tells us freely, "Let him come to us." Oh and he will. I am actually getting nervous.

"Good idea," Bonnie chimes in and grabs Jeremy's arm.

"No, no, I really don't feel like dancing," Jeremy protests.

"Too bad," She shuts him down. I giggle.

"There's Ric," Damon spots Alaric, "We'll be back." He grabs my arm and we head over to him.

"Special dedication, huh?" Alaric tells us, "This guy's a little twisted."

"Yeah, I know," I sigh and roll my eyes.

"I'm not impressed," Damon elbows me.

"No?" Alaric turns to us and questions.

"He just pissed off Mystal is all. Let us know if you see anything out of whack," Damon instructs.

"Oh," Is all Alaric gets out before Damon is steering us somewhere else.

We are patrolling the crowd when Stefan gains our attention and spins Elena over to Damon. Great. I roll my eyes.

Bonnie comes over, "Here you can borrow Jeremy," She laughs, "You can't dance alone and I have to go talk to Caroline."

"How are you doing?" Jeremy asks me.

"Just moody and annoyed is all," I tell him.

He chuckles. We dance and I hear Damon try to distract Elena. I feel bad though because you know...

"How are you so good at this?" Jeremy complains.

"The 60's were my shit," I smirk.

You know Jeremy isn't so bad this evening. Or am I just getting use to the group that they don't annoy me as much anymore?!

Dana goes up to the mic again, "This is another request from Klaus for Mystal again, lucky girl."

"Hate me, hate me, still tryna replace me, chase me, chase me, tell me how you hate me, erase me, 'rase me, wish you never dated me, lies, tell me lies, baby, tell me how you hate me," The song plays.

I roll my eyes. I know Klaus is probably directing this to me because I am dancing with Jeremy. So does that mean he's here?

"I bet you don't kiss him with your eyes closed, I bet you're still walking on a tightrope, miss me so much, you've been going psycho, you ain't gotta say it baby I know. It's a think line between all this love and hate, and if you switch sides, you're gon' have to claim your place."