2X13: Daddy Issues- Part 3

I look outside to see it's dark. How long have we been here? I'm hungry.

"You wanna be friends, great. We're friends." Tyler finals speaks again.

"Nah, I don't. But we can be friends with-"

"Shhhh. Not the time for Mystal humor." Stefan rains on my parade, but he wasn't being mean. Wait- Mystal humor? I like that.

"Will you go now?" Tyler ceases our sibling session.

"I don't know what else to say to you, Tyler." Stefan about gives up and takes a seat. "I came back to this town because I wanted a life." Tyler turns to look at me.

"I came back to kill my bitchy fake ex-best friend, but we can't all have what we want can we? We aren't all Stefan." I say, throwing my arms up. Stefan looks at me sadly. "Well, go on with what you were blabbing about, I'm done." I take a seat on the couch, crossing my arms.

"I wanted to exist where I could have friends and where I could build a family." Stefan continues after a moment. "I have that here, and she's working on it. We can all have that."

Tyler looks down and Stefan phones starts buzzing. Damn, is everyone popular today but me? Oh wait, you have to interact with people for that to happen, silly me!

"Who is it?" I ask him.

"Caroline." He replies before answering as he stands. "Hi. Is everything ok?" He wasn't expecting a call I guess.

"That depends." Jules, who isn't Caroline, voices through the phone. Bitchhh. "How badly do you to keep her alive?" She refers to Caroline.

I jump up from my seat. Stefan looks totally thrown off guard.

"Who is this?" He questions, not recognizing Jules voice. 'It's Jules' I mouth to him.

"Ask you brother and sister." She sneers. "Where's Tyler?"

I huff. Tyler now looks puzzled.

"Jules?" Stefan checks what I told him. Tyler straights up now. "Where's Caroline?" Stefan asks. I would've been much ruder.

"You made a mistake, Stefan." I roll my eyes at what Jules comes back with. When does Stefan not make mistakes? "I'm gonna give you a chance to fix it."

"How generous." I grit my teeth.

"Where is she?" Stefan's voice grows stricter.

"Right here, want proof?" Jules offers. "He needs proof." She says to someone with her.

I jump a little when I hear a gunshot and then Caroline's screams.

"What's happening?" Tyler inquires, obviously not using super hearing, if he even has any.

"Hurt her again, and you're dead." Stefan threatens. Ooohh I like this side of Stefan.

"I hurt her again, and she's dead."" Jules fire back, not phased by Stefan. "Bring Tyler to me, the clearing by Wickery Falls. You have 20 minutes until she dies." She instructs before hanging up. Stefan looks at Tyler, then calls Elena next.

~~~~~

3P POV

"Why am I just finding out about this now?" Damon jeers.

"Mystal is with Stefan and Stefan was worried that you-"

Damon cuts her off. "That I would what, what, I would kill him?" Elena nods yes, "Of course. That's what needs to happen. I can't believe Mystal hasn't already." He comments on his sisters restraint.

"No, Damon, not Tyler." Elena stands her ground. "Do whatever you need to do to get Caroline back, but just leave Tyler out of it, ok?"

"Why?" Damon doesn't comprehend. "He's a werewolf. He needs to die, I'm willing to kill. It's a win-win." Damon tells her his thought process.

"Damon, please ok?" Elena grabs his arm. "Too many people are dead."

Damon gets mad. "You need to stop doing that."

Elena looks confused, taking her hand off him. "Doing what?"

"Assuming that I'll play the good guy. Because it's you who's asking." Damon explains.

Elena sighs. "Be the better man, Damon." They look at each other before Uncle John opens the bathroom door.

Mystal's POV

Stefan and I are now in the woods. We came to save Caroline. I kinda, just a tad, feel bad for her. Because I've been kidnapped too, so, I get it.

"I know you're out there." Jules voice rings out.

Stefan and I slowly make our way into view. Jules doesn't look too happy. Stefan has a hold of Tyler's arm. Right, he's here too.

"Where's the blonde?" I get right to it.

"Locked up tight." Jules assures us.

"Let her go and I'll release Tyler." Stefan bargains. "It doesn't have to get any messier than it already has." He lets her know he doesn't want any trouble. "We aren't your enemy Jules."

"Speak for yourself brother." I mutter, rolling my eyes at him.

"It's a little late to be waving the white flag, don't you think?" Jules spits out.

"You need to leave town." I order her. I'm losing patience.

"No one else has to get hurt." Stefan throws in. Tyler looks at us.

"I'm not leaving without Tyler." She declares. Tyler turns back to her.

"Tyler's free to make his own decisions." Stefan speaks for Tyler.

"As soon as you release Caroline." I add, going back to the whole reason we are here.