2X19: Klaus- Part 4

I decide to go back to the Lockwood's house. Didn't want to miss the party. As I arrive Elijah and Elena are walking outside.

"So as you've seen, nothing can kill an Original," Elijah is telling Elena.

"Oh, but do people love to try," I make my presence known.

"Ah, Mystal, you have returned," Elijah smiles. "Not the sun, not fire, not even a werewolf bite," He gets straight back to what he was talking about, "Only the wood from one tree; a tree my family made sure burned."

"That's where the white ash for the dagger comes from?" Elena tries to piece what he is saying together.

"Yes," I reply before Elijah can.

"The witches won't allow anything truly immortal to walk the earth, right Mystal?" Elijah refers to my situation. I glare at him. "Every creature needs to have a weakness in order to maintain balance." That's what those witches told me.

"So the sun can't kill an Original, why is Klaus so obsessed with breaking the sun and moon curse?" Elena wonders.

"Right," Elijah grins, "The curse of the sun and the moon. It's all so... biblical-sounding, don't you think?"

What is he getting at? Elena thinks the same because She asks, "What's so funny?"

Elijah tells us a story about him and Klaus and the Aztecs Curse.

"I don't understand. So Klaus drew the Aztecs sketches about the curse?" Elena jumps right back to it after the story.

"Roman scrolls, African tribal etchings, and any other culture or continent we felt like planting in it," Elijah replies. I am confused, I think.

"But why?" Elena pushes for more.

"Easiest way to discover the existence of a doppelgänger or to get your hands on some long lost moon stone is to have every single member of two warring species on the lookout for it," Elijah tells us.

"So it's not Aztec at all?" Elena figures out. I am just listening for now.

"The curse of the sun and the moon... is fake," He reveals, "Did Mystal not tell you?" Elena and I look shocked. "Or you didn't know." He notices the look on my face. "It doesn't exist," He then keeps walking over a small bridge.

"What?" Elena finally lets out and we hurry after him.

"Klaus and I faked the sun and the moon curse dating back over a thousand years," Elijah explains.

"But if there no curse..." Elena cuts him off.

Elijah does the same to her, "There's a curse. Just not that one." Nooo, it can't be.

"Elijah... he never told me about the sun and moon curse at all, but..." I think I am starting to understand.

"The real one's much worse. It's a curse placed on Klaus," Elijah says.

I know about that one. He told me, of course. He told me everything at some point in time.

"What are you talking about?" Elena looks at both us before a phone starts buzzing.

"Klaus has been trying to break it for the last thousand years," I inform her.

"You are his only hope," Elijah finishes for me. The phone is still buzzing.

"What is this curse?" Elena is itching to know.

Elijah opens his jacket pocket looking annoyed, "Your phone will not stop its incessant buzzing. Answer it, please," He hands her her phone that he took earlier.

She sighs before answering, "Stefan-" Her face drops, "What's wrong?" Elijah and I take a step towards her. "No. No, no, no no. Ok, we'll be right there," She hangs up. Elijah frowns. "Klaus went after Jenna. We have to go to her," She finally spills.

"He did what!!" I shout.

"I'm afraid that wasn't part of today's arrangement," Elijah protests.

"She's my family, Elijah. I have to," Elena stresses, "I'll be back. You have my word." I'm impressed. Using his words against him. I like it.

He thinks first, "That doesn't mean anything to me until you live up to it," He is allowing us to leave. Well her, I already left once before he could stop me.

Elena sighs in relief, "Thank you."

"Yes, so kind," I mumble before we run off.

I look back first to see him frown and daydream. I feel almost, barley, sad for him. It must be hard for him to be around Elena, since he fell for Katherine. Like everyone seems to do! Yes, he told me, a while ago. When we were so close.

~~~

Elena and I get back to my house.

"Oh, Jenna, thank god," Elena sighs happy she is here. She has tears in her eyes. What did that son of a bitch do?

"No," Jenna shy's away.

"I'm so sorry. I never meant for any of this to happen," Elena apologizes.

"When I was little, your mom used to tell me bedtime stories. Stories about vampires. I never thought that what she said could be true," Jenna says. I look down.

"It is true, Jenna," Elena nods, "I should have told you." She sits on the armrest of the couch Jenna was on, "I thought that if you didn't know, you'd be safe. But then things got so out of control and everything I had done to keep you out of it, it just blew up in my face."

She turns to me, "Are you one?" I nod slowly. "Who else knows? Jeremy?" Elena nods. Jenna rolls her eyes for the next one, "John?"

"We were just trying to protect you?" Elena sticks up for all of us.

"Protect me?" Jenna looks at her in disbelief.

"I'm so sorry. I will tell you everything," Elena assures.

"No, Elena.. I am the one who's suppose to be protecting you and Jeremy," Jenna argues.

Elena cuts her off, "I know, but there's nothing that you could have done. There's so much more to it-"

Jenna takes a turn and cuts her off, "No, this is- this is so-" She puts her head in her hands, not be able to find the words, "I don't know how-"

Elena stops her, "It's- I know, hey-"

Jenna stops her this time, "Why didn't you tell me?!" She gets even more upset. Should I still be here? "I'm scared," She admits.

"I know," Elena tears up, "I know, hey. Hey," Elena moves by her and I sit down on the other side. Elena grabs her in for a hug and I grab her hand. "I'm sorry. Jenna, I'm am so, so sorry."

"It's gonna be ok," I add.

I then get up to give them space. When I turn the corner Stefan is there listening in with tears in his eyes. He grabs me in for a hug.

I hug back, "I'm sorry I wasn't there. I guess I just couldn't bring myself to him again," I admit quietly, referring to Alar-Klaus.