2X12: The Descent- Part 4

We return back home after doing well... yeah. And stupid Elena is waiting for us on our couch. I let out a very loud sigh.

"You were suppose to leave." Damon states.

"I did. But then I came back to make sure that you guys were ok." She says softly as she gets up.

Wait you guys? Ugh. Why does she always try to include me now or care about me? The feeling isn't mutual. She hands us each a glass of bourbon.

"I appreciate the gesture." Damon thanks her, raising his glass. "We are just glad it's over."

"Agree." I raise my glass with him.

"You know I don't believe that." She retorts.

My jaw tightens. "Why are you here again?" I ask annoyed.

"Go home, Elena," Damon repeats. "Get some rest. It's a whole new day tomorrow." Amen to that.

"Damon, I'm your friend. Yours too Mystal." She claims. Uhhh, since when?

"I'm well aware of that." Damon snips.

"No your not." I smirk at her, heading for the couch.

"And a friend usually knows when their friends are hurting." She ignores me and says friends, plural.

"What do you want to hear?" Damon raises his voice. "That we cared about Rose? That we're upset. Well, I didn't, she didn't, we aren't."

"Yep." I agree with Damon. "So goodbye." I fan my hand towards the door, gulping down my drink. Damon already did.

"There you go, pretending to turn it off, pretending not to feel." Elena stops us. Ugh, I'm gonna kill her. I'm actually going to wring her neck. "Damon, Mystal, you're so close. Don't give up." She encourages.

"You don't even know me." I mumble, rolling my eyes.

"I feel, Elena, ok?" Wow Damon actually said that. "And it sucks."

"What sucks even more is that is was suppose to be us." I tell her.

"Jules was coming after us." Damon stresses.

"You feel guilty." Elena implies.

"That would be human of me, would it, Elena? And I'm not human." Damon steps closer to her. "You're one to talk about giving up. It's all you've done, is give up." Damon points out. I think they forgot I was here, but that's fine. I'll just watch this unfold. "Go home." Damon points to our door. "There been enough doom and gloom and personal growth for one night."

I couldn't agree more. Elena sighs and Damon throws his head towards the door. Is she deaf? I think she's actually. Or stupid. Very stupid.

"Ok. I will." She hugs Damon.

He bites his lip as he looks at me, tearing up.

"Goodnight, Damon, Mystal," she whispers and leaves.

"If that was suppose to be private, sorry." I apologize to Damon. We stare at each other for a moment before he nods his head towards the door and I subtlety nod back. No more words need to be exchanged.