2X17: Know Thy Enemy- Part 3

3P POV
Katherine just got off the phone with Isobel, who practically told her she gave her up to Klaus. She looks around frantically when a man comes up behind her. She shows her vampire teeth and goes to attack but he puts his hand up and does a spell. She yells in pain and falls to the ground unconscious, just like Alaric. It was the same witch who did the same thing to Alaric.

Mystal's POV
Damon, Stefan, and I drove in his car to this house that he found, where we think Isobel is staying. I had to ride in the backseat much to my dismay.

"Think this is the house?" Stefan asks.

"Well I hope so. I better not have rode in the backseat for nothing," I whine.

"Better be. It's the nicest foreclosure in town," Damon explains.

"Swear to god is she's not her-" Stefan gets serious.

"Don't be such a pessimist," I scold.

"And why are you here, you should be somewhere safe," Stefan throws his hands up.

I ignore him. We rush in through the door and look around.

"I got upstairs," Stefan gets dibs.

Damon and I search downstairs. There was some luggage by the door, "This is Isobel's stuff," I point to it as Stefan comes back down.

"It's definitely the right place," Damon clears that up.

"Where are they?" Stefan is getting impatient and more worried.

"We don't know, Stefan," Damon spits out and we leave.

~~~

We make it home, Elena with us. Isobel killed herself because of Klaus' compulsion. Elena was talking to Stefan saying her and I are safe and we aren't gonna run. Hell I might. He is here. Klaus is here. This is probably the closest distance we've been in a long time. I would've been taken today if I was with Elena and Stefan, they told me. Taken, just to scare me, and then me given back.

"Which is why we need to take some precautions," Damon announces as him and I walk into our living room, "Cause we got played, all of us."

Damon places down papers and a pen in Elena's lap, "What's this?" She asks.

"It's the deed to our house," I tell her.

"It's in Zach's name. As soon as you sign it, it'll be in your name," Stefan walks her through this.

"You're giving me your house?" She is shocked.

"Well, not like give give," I narrow my eyes.

"Isobel had the right idea with the safe house," Stefan adds, "You'll just stay here until it's all over. And Mystal already lives here. That way, you can control who gets invited and who doesn't."

"Although I'll be super pissed if you lock me out," Damon warns.

"Locking me out shouldn't even be a thought, ok?" I wave my hand.

Elena gives Damon and I a look and we smirk. We are interrupted by a loud gasp. We look over to seen John raise up. Forgot he was here. Damon speeds over and picks him up in the air by his shirt collar.

"I swear I had no idea what she was gonna do," John stampers, "I'm sorry." Damon jerks him. John looks over to Stefan, Elena, and I, "I'm so, so sorry."

"Damon, let him go," Elena tells him. Damon looks hesitant, "He and I need to talk," Elena frowns.

~~~

Stefan, Damon, and I go to a different room while Elena and John talk.

"Bonnie said the spell worked," Damon informs Stefan as he pours drinks.

"Yep, she is locked and loaded," I add.

Stefan hands me a glass and sips his, "At least something went right today," He says. "Hmm. Katherine has no idea that Bonnie got her powers back," He realizes.

"Mm-mm," Damon and I let that sink in.

Stefan proceeds, "And Isobel has no idea what you and Mystal took Jeremy and Bonnie to do today. Which thank god Mystal was with you instead of me." He gives Damon his glass. I roll my eyes. Like I was gonna third wheel with him and Elena. Fat chance.

"Uh-huh," Is all Damon can say while in thought.

"We're the only ones who know," Stefan concludes.

"That literally makes Bonnie our secret weapon," Damon sums up. We all three smile.

"Cheers to that," I celebrate and we clink glasses.

3P POV
Katherine is laying unconscious on a hard wood floor, but starts to wake up to the sound of chanting. She looks over to see it was the witch who kidnapped her. There was a man sitting in a chair, back turned to Katherine, the witch having his hands on the sides of the mans head. There was also blood being taken. Katherine starts to try to get up and looks around and at the witch very confused.

Alaric was the man in the chair. The witch stops doing his spell and Alaric looks up at him. The witch takes a step back and Alaric takes off the needles that were injected into his body. As he stands the witch bows to him.

Katherine finally stands up, still dazed, "Alaric?" She gasps.

Alaric slowly walks towards her smirking. She speeds to the door and when she opens it she gets stopped, by a barrier spell. She looks defeated.

Alaric walks up to her as she turns around, "Zdravei, Katerina," He greets her by saying hello in Bulgarian. "Mmm," Alaric hums and grabs Katherine's face with both hands and she tries look away, "I have missed you."

Katherine looks down before snapping back up face filled with shock, "Klaus," She breathes out and Klaus, in Alaric's body, smirks back.