2X20: The Last Day- Part 3

Alaric, Damon, and I are now at Alaric's apartment. He unlocks his door.

"Look who's dumb enough to come back," Katherine comments.

Alaric crosses his arms and leans again the doorpost "Well, somebody had to invite them in," He refers to Damon and I. Alaric turns to us, "Damon. Mystal. Would you like, uh, come in?" He asks us finally, and we walk over to the opened door so Katherine could see us now.

"I would love to!" I play along. Damon and I step in, and he does a little bounce.

Katherine speeds over to us and bumps Damon on the chest, "Are you two trying to get me killed?"

"I wouldn't mind that," I smirk.

Damon speeds her over to the opposite side of the rooms wall, "We gave you vervain," He reminds her, "Now we are here to collect."

Damon nods his head from me to the door, oh right, "We got it from here, Ric," I call over to him.

"You sure?" He checks.

"Yeah, only two of us needs to get blamed for this," Damon says to him, "Get back to the house. Keep Elena from handing herself over."

"Ok," Alaric replies and leaves.

Katherine pushes Damon off her, "Get blamed for what?"

"We need to know where Klaus is keeping his werewolf," Damon requests.

"Why? What are you two going to do?" Katherine questions.

"Will you just answer the damn question?" I snap.

"Dead werewolf equals no ritual," Damon sums up.

"No," Katherine shakes her head, "You can't interfere, Damon, Mystal. Mystal shouldn't you know better?" Katherine is implying that I? off all people, should know the most not to do this, but that's why I'm gonna. "Klaus will kill you and everyone you've met. Who knows what he will do to you Mystal." I roll my eyes, she knows he won't kill me. I don't know though...

"We just need to delay this thing," Damon informs.

"Correction, Damon needs to delay this thing. I am just helping my dear brother and I want to piss off Klaus," I clear up, because I don't give a damn about Elena. Damon elbows me.

"No. No way," Katherine puts her hands up, declining.

"You should like this. It's going to buy another month of your pathetic life," Damon points out.

"Very true," I add smiley.

"Right. Except that I'm not the vampire he's planning on sacrificing," She tell us.

"What?" Damon and I express at the same time.

"Oh god, is it me?" I groan. Damon's eyes widen.

"Yeah, and no Mystal. Don't be dumb. He's got Caroline Forbes and Tyler Lockwood. Therefore, I'm in the clear," Katherine gloats and throws her hands up happily.

Oh hell no. He will not kill Caroline! One of my- one of the closest things I have to a friend. And someone I don't hate.

"And where'd he get that idea from?" Damon accuses Katherine of giving that idea.

"Hey," She puts her hands up defensively, "Hey, hey, hey, I'm just trying to stay alive long enough to get myself out of here."

Damon exhales, "What if I told you Elena had vampire blood in her system?"

"What?!" She exclaims.

"Imagine how much fun that will be competing with Elena for Stefan's love for, I don't know, forever," I try to poke, so she'll tell us what we want to know.

She fights with herself, mouth moving around for a minute, "The tomb," She finally reveals, "He's got them in the tomb."

"Thank you," Damon says and we leave.

~~~

Damon and I are walking around in the woods now. We are looking around as we walk.

"Which one are you trying to save?" A voice asks us. Damn it. "The blonde, or the wolf?" We turn around with frowns. We come face to face with a male walking closer to us. "Did you really think Klaus would leave them unprotected?"

"Wishful thinking," Damon replies making a 'oh darn' face.

Damon then speeds over to the man, knocks him to the ground, and puts his hands around his neck. The man starts to choke. He then lifts he hand up and sends Damon flying. Witch, fantastic. He makes Damon groan in pain and when he tries me it doesn't work. He looks confused.

I try magic of my own, and throw him back. As I do this he gets shot. He drops to the ground. I see Matt with a gun. I ignore Matt and help Damon up.

"Great job little sis," He groans as he stands, "I forgot how badass you are."

Damon then speeds to the witch and snaps his neck. We then look at Matt questionably. Why is he here?

"What are you doing here?" I beat Damon to it.

"Where's Caroline?" He answers our question with a question and comes closer to us. Ugh.

Damon sighs, "Listen, man. Not a good time to play the hero."

Matt cocks the gun, points it at Damon, and repeats, "Where is she? And what did you do to her?"

Damon puts his hands up defensively, "We are just here to rescue her, ok?"

"Yeah, Matt. So now is not a good time," I add.

Damon speeds forward and knocks him out with his own gun.

"I would've been more delicate, but alright," I shrug.

"You're lucky I already screwed up once today," Damon talks to Matt's unconscious body and messes with the gun, "Or you'd be dead."

I crouch down to the ground noticing something. I pick up wooden bullets and hand them to Damon. He takes them from my hand, examines them, and then we continue our journey. We get to the tomb and move the big rock from our path. We walk into their view.

"Damon? Mystal?" Caroline looks surprised to see us.

"Your boyfriend's outside with a rifle loading with wooden bullets," Damon informs her.

"You have some explaining to do," I whisper.

"What, Matt?" She raises her voice.

"Matt knows about you?" Tyler speaks up as Damon and I unchain Caroline.

"No, I-" She starts.

"Shh. Tomorrow's problem," Damon stops her, "Let us just get you out of here." He grabs her arm and helps her up. We go to leave, but I stop and look at Tyler. "Wait, Damon. No!" Caroline pulls away from him, "I'm not leaving without him."

"I agree," I back her up.

Damon sighs and looks at Tyler, "It's getting dark soon. How fast can you get the hell away from here?"

"I need to her to my family's cellar," Tyler replies, "I can lock myself up."

"I'll help," Caroline offers. Tyler looks up to us.

Damon steps over and sits in front of him, "Don't make me regret this," He warns Tyler and unchains him.