2X12: The Descent- Part 2

Damon and I arrive at the Grill. I think I've had enough of this place from last night, but I'm not in charge. We walk in and see Stefan sitting at a booth, shit!! I got to leave.

"Ah, ah." Damon grabs my arm. I groan. "I don't care if you're avoiding, you chose to come with me so here you are. Besides, it's a small town." He smirks.

He looks around for a moment before nudging me and pointing to Jules. We both go to make a bee-line for her but Stefan rushes up to us and blocks our path.

"What are you doing here?" Damon is annoyed now.

"I've been waiting for you, figured you'd two would be together." Stefan looks at both of us. "Listen, there's a lot of people here."

"Well, damn. There goes my plan to rip her spleen out through her back." I sigh dramatically and Damon rolls his eyes at Stefan.

We both turn away before Stefan grabs us. "Hey, listen. I know you guys are upset about Rose."

"Why does everyone think I'm-we, are upset about Rose." Damon talks before I can, referring to Elena who said a similar thing earlier.

"Yeah, that would imply we care." I deadpan.

"We're fine." Damon continues. "I don't know if you know this, but sometimes vampires die."

Yeah, immortal my ass. Stefan looks like he doesn't believe us.

"We're going to have a friendly chat with ladywolf, brother." Damon calms him.

"Yeah, ease up." I pat Stefan's shoulder.

Stefan opens his mouth to say more, but his phone rings. Perfect time to escape our new dad apparently. He answers it and walks away. Damon and I go sit down with Jules.

"Well, if it isn't the two I meant to kill. I'll have to get that right next time." She says, acting nonchalant.

"You won't live to see another full moon." Damon corrects her. 

"Unless..." I pause, "Unless you tell us how to cure a wolf bite." I smile fakly at her. There has to be one, I was told there was. Well kinda.

"And then we won't kill you." Damon's face turns super serious.

"Promise?" She wants insurance, the audacity.

We nod. "Yes." We both promise.

Jules takes too long to respond, thinking. "Bite me." She smiles and places money on the table.

That bitch! I will bite her! We stand up and Damon grabs her.

"I'm not afraid of you two." She sing-songs.

"Then you are very, very stupid," Damon declares.

"How's your friend? Rose? Is that her name? Have the chills started? The unbearable pain." Jules ponders smugly.

"If there's a cure, tell us," I snap.

"Or start watching your back." Damon threatens.

"Did I mention the dementia?" Jules totally ignores us. "It'll eat away at her brain. Soon she'll be rabid. You want a cure?" Duh. "I'll tell you the only cure that exists. Take a stake and drive it through her heart." She whispers and she walks away. I stomp my foot angerily.

~~~~~

As Damon and I arrive back home, it's now dark and our front door is open. Elena is looking around holding a stake. Greatttt. Damon sneaks up behind her, startling her.

"Are you okay?" Damon checks on her.

"Where's Rose?" I get straight to it, not caring if Elena is okay.

"I don't know." She sighs. The fuck does she mean she doesn't know?

"What does that mean?" I grumble.

~~~~~

Damon, Elena, and I arrive at the high school. The sheriff called him, apparently they're buddies. Damon and I head straight for her.

"Hey." Damon hustles over.

"Thanks for coming so quickly." The sheriff seems relieved a little. 

"We were close by," Damon explains.

"Who's this?" She then turns to me since haven't met yet.

"I'm Mystal, his sister. No time for that right now, but hi." I introduce myself fast. Her eyes widen for a moment, something I've gotten use to.

"Sister? I didn't-"

"It's fine, she knows everything. Liz, what happened?" Damon looks around, cutting her off.

She turns to look behind her at some garbage tins and two other cops. "A vampire. Luckily one of my deputies discovered the body before anyone else saw him."

By vampire she means Rose.

"You have to secure the area, then." Damon tells her. There are people everywhere, some event was happening.

"Don't cause a panic, but let's move this party to the cafeteria." She notifies the two deputies standing a few feet away from us. They nod and walk off.

"I'll take the east side of the school, you guys go west?" She suggests.

"Sure." Damon responds and we split up.

Damon and I find Elena who just hung up from leaving Stefan a voicemail.

"Hey." She steps closer to us. "Have you heard from him? Do you know what he's up to?" She questions us about Stefan. I guess he is still on his Isobel mission.

"Baby bother's not exactly our priority right now." Damon answers, barely listening because he is searching through sea of people. "Take this." He hands Elena a stake. "Come on, let's go." He ushers us to move.

We find Rose finally, feeding on some girl and there is a dead guy on a windshield.

"Rose, stop!" Damon shouts at her.

Rose rips away from the girl, causing the stranger to drop, and turns to us. Damon speeds her down to the concrete.

"Rose, Rose! It's me, it's Damon." He tries to get her to snap out of it.

"And Mystal." I sigh annoyed he didn't mention me, the more people she knows the better. I crouch down beside them. "It's Mystal and Damon." I repeat.

Rose calms down and her vampire eyes go away. She looks over to the dead girls body.

"Did I do this?" She asks in horror. "No! I didn't mean to." She starts to cry. "I didn't mean to hurt anyone. I never wanted to hurt anybody.

"I know. I know." Damon assures her.

She then looks over at Elena. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She cries harder.

"Come on, let's get you home." I suggest.

Damon helps her up. "No, I don't have a home. I haven't had a home in so long!" Her voice raises. I look down at my feet. I relate to that hardcore. She carries on. "Oh, make it stop. Please, make it stop! Oh, make it stop!!

Damon picks her up bridal style. Elena looks at her sadly. We start walking off while Elena crouches down to pick up the stake before following us.