2X08: Rose- Part 4

Elena and I head back to the couch and plop down. As we do we hear something. She sees a piece of paper under her converse and picks it up. We both look confused at each other. I inch closer to read it with her.

Stefan and Damon are coming for you two.
-B

Bonnie, Elena mouths to me. Ah, the witch. Very clever, and a very hard spell do to. Elena squeezes my hand and smiles, before I jerk my hand away, but give her some form of a smile back. Couldn't help myself. Ugh. A few minutes later Rose comes back in and picks a bag up from the couch we are on.

"He's here," Trevor exclaims, hastily coming down the stairs. I sit up fast. "This was a mistake," He starts to freak out.

Drama queen. I should be freaking out bud, not you. Get in line.

"No, I told you I would get us out of this. You have to trust me," Rose attempts calms him down.

"No!" He yells back. Attempt failed. "He wants me dead, Rose!"

"He wants them more," She points to us.

"I can't do this. You give them to him, he'll have mercy on you, but I need to get out of here," Trevor has a meltdown.

"Hey. What are we?" Rose walks up to him.

He takes a couple of breathes, "We're family. Forever."

That makes me sigh and Elena glances at me and them, looking really sad. Rose and Trevor nod to each other right before there is pounding on the door.

"You're scared," Elena examines to them.

"Stay here with them and don't make a sound," Rose tells Trevor and walks away.

I start to get fidgety. I am actually quite nervous now, maybe even scared like Rose and Trevor. I do not show it though. I've gotten quite good at hiding emotion. I tune back in and hear the door open.

"Rose-Marie," I hear that British accent say, the one I've been wishing not to hear, "Is there somewhere we can talk?"

Rose sighs, "Yes. In here. You h-have to forgive the house."

"Oh, no. What's a little dirt," Elijah shakes it off, "I completely understand."

So he is taking everything well. I hear the door close and jump a little. Okay, I said quite good, not perfect.

"So, tell me. What is it that gives you the courage to call me?" Elijah asks.

He doesn't even know I'm here? Shit I should make a run for it. But that would end badly, I'm sure.

"I wanted my freedom" Rose tells him, " I'm tired of running. You in a position to grant me that?" Rose gets brave.

"I have complete authority to grant pardon to you and your little pet," Elijah speaks, still old school manner of course. "What is his name these days? Trevor. If I so see it fit." I roll my eyes at how much power Elijah has.

"Katerina Pertrova?" Rose asks.

There is a pause of silence, then- "I'm listening."

"She didn't burn in the church in 1864," Rose informs.

Old news. I hear shuffling, which I assume means someone took a seat.

"Continue," Is all Elijah gives.

"She survived."

"Where is she?" Elijah gives off he is already aware.

"You don't seem surprised by this," Rose sounds shocked.