2X18: The Last Dance- Part 2

School bell rings as I take a seat in a desk. I laugh to myself. If you told me several months ago I'd be here, in a high school, with my brother and semi-friends, I would've killed you or called you crazy. But for some reason I didn't want to let the girls down when they wanted me to come. They're really trying to let me in. Damn it. And Stefan is trying to get me to live a happy normal life?

I am sitting by Bonnie who is between Elena and I. Elena looks over at Stefan who is a couple of seats down. She waves a flyer around and he smiles and shakes his head no. She then turns to Bonnie and I, it is a flyer for a dance happening tonight. Oh shit! Am I gonna be roped into this? Ugh. Bonnie shakes her head yes and I scrunch up my nose. Elena looks back at Stefan and raises one shoulder like ha. Then Alaric walks in. Goodie, we are in here first.

"Hello, class," He strolls in and clears his throat. He flips through a book, "What... are we learning today?" Hell if I know I just got here.

"With the decade dance tonight, we've been covering the sixties all week," Some girl tells him.

"Right," He remembers, "The sixties."

He then turns to stare and Elena and I, probably because she wasn't paying attention and it's my first day.

He turns back to the chalk board, "The, um, ahem... the sixties," He writes that on the board, "I wish there was something good I could say about the sixties," He trails off and turns back to face the class, "But, actually it kind of sucks."

I roll my eyes. I loved the sixties. Tie dye, peace signs, hippies. It was so much fun.

Alaric continues, "Except for the Beatles. They made it bearable. Um, what else was there? The Cuban missing thing . The- we walked on the moon. There was watergate-"

"Watergate was the seventies, Ric," Elena and I interrupted at the same time. Good job history teacher I thought and snicker. Everyone looked at us.

"We-we mean, Mr. Saltzman," Elena covers up for us. She gulps and I just roll my eyes again.

He puts up his hands, "Right. It all kind of mushes together up here. The sixties, seventies. Thank you, Elena and Mystal."

3P POV
Klaus couldn't believe seeing his Mystal in a classroom. School? Not her thing. But to have her and his doppelgänger in the same room, he couldn't help but stare in awe. He took a longer stare at Mystal of course. It's been over 80 years since he has seen her, or even been near her. He couldn't believe he finally had her right in front of him....

Mystal's POV
Elena and I walk up to the lunch table Bonnie and Jeremy were already at. How'd I get stuck with her?

"Hey, Jer. How you doing?" She greets her brother. There was tension happening before we walked up. "Are you ok at the house alone with John?" I wouldn't be.

"It's not ideal," Is all he gives before getting up to leave.

"You haven't heard from Jenna, have you?" Elena wonders. No one has apparently. I was loving her rally against men attitude.  

"It looks like she's staying on campus. Look. I'm, uh- late for class," He seems to want to get away from us and walks off.

Bonnie rolls her eyes as Elena and I take a seat.

"What's going on?" Elena notices something was up too.

"I told him he had to dress up tonight and he got all uptight," Bonnie dismisses.

"Oh," Elena laughs. I don't buy it.

"Mystal, you have to come," Bonnie shifts the topic onto me.

Before I can respond the girl from this morning hurries over to us, "Hey you're Mystal right?" I raise an eyebrow and Elena and Bonnie. They shrug.

"Yes?" I answer hesistantly.

"Ok, this is going to sounds freaky, but this totally hot guy just asked me to ask you if you're going to the dance tonight," This girl informs me, "You too Elena."

Well damn, everyone wants a piece of this. I don't know how to respond and Elena giggles. I look at Bonnie for help.

"Tell him Mystal and Elena has a boyfriend," Bonnie lies for me. I smile, not wanting to go at all, and sure not with some random guy.

"You could at least meet him. He'll be at the dance the dance tonight. Look for him. His name is Klaus," She gets excited. My eyes widen and Elena freezes.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" Elena wants confirmation.

"His name's Klaus," Sge repeats, "I know the names stupid, but I swear he's hot," I scoff when she says that.

"Where is he? Is he here?" I question and Bonnie looks around. My heart rate increases.

The girls takes a pause, "I don't know."

"She's been compelled," Bonnie figures out.

"But Mystal, he wants to know if you'll save him the last dance," She adds, "How cute is that?" She fawns. I clench my jaw and Elena starts freaking out.

I get up and go to Alaric's class room before we leave the school. I open the door without knocking.

"Mystal," He perks up from his desk, "How may I help you?"

"Alcohol Ric," I give him a tight smile, "You got some right?"

He laughs, "Aren't you under age?" He jokes and opens a few drawers before pulling out a bourbon bottle. That's my guy.

I grab it, "More like way over," I snort.

"Everything alright?" He gets concerned as I take a big sip.

"Just peachy. Klaus is here at school, on my first day I might add," I grumble.

He chuckles, "So you and school?"

"Yep," I pop the p, "Made a deal with Bonnie and the others wanted me to come and try it. But Klaus wants me to go to the dance and dance with him and freaked out Elena, so I guess that shows me right."

Alaric comes over and gives me a hug. I tense at first since I've never hugged him, but finally hug back.

"Thanks Ric," I pat him on the shoulder, "Well gotta bounce, see you at the house," I hand him the bottle back and exit.