2X09: Katerina- Part 3

Elena slides over another blood shot. 

"What does the Petrova bloodline have to do with Klaus?" Elena's still not satisfied.

Katherine takes a moment before picking it up, "It's really tedious, but..." She drinks the blood while crushing the cup, "The curse was bound by the sacrifice of Petrova blood. Witches are crafty with their spells. The doppelgänger was created as a way to be able to undo the spell. Once the doppelgänger reappeared... the curse can be broken."

"So you ran, before he killed you?" Elena checks.

"Something like that," Katherine raises an eyebrow.

Katherine then told us she made it to a cottage, Rose was there, Katherine stole the moonstone from Klaus, impressive, and Rose locked her in a room. And how Rose said people getting back in Klaus's grasp or whatever. Wrong. Here I am, away from him, so ha.

"Rose never ended up taking you back to Klaus, did she?" Elena puts 2 and 2 together.

"No," Katherine answers smugly, "But not because she had a change of heart."

Oop, I think I know where this is going. Katherine proceeds to tell us that Rose gave her her blood, Trevor said he loved her, pfff who doesn't do that, and then she killed herself.

"Always gotta be extra huh Katherine?" I roll my eyes.

"You killed yourself?" Elena exclaims.

"Klaus needed a human doppelgänger. As a vampire, I was no longer any use to him," She explains nonchalantly.

"But it didn't work. You didn't really escape. You've been running from Klaus ever since," Elena's always has to get in her two sense. Katherine rolls her eyes.

"I underestimated his spirit for vengeance," She spitefully says, "Besides I am not the only one running from him," She looks over to me.

Elena looks shocked.

"Hold up. I am not running, more like avoiding, so you're still on your own," I clarify.

Katherine let's it go and continues. "But living out of a suitcase is better than dying so that you could have your blood spilled over some silly little rock," She justifies. Elena starts to look worried. "What's wrong? Afraid I'm right? And you don't wanna die? There's another way out," Katherine reminds her vampirism can save the day.

I snort. If she wanted to be one I am sure she would be by now. Then again, I don't know if she has been in life or death situations like this before. Katherine cuts her wrist with her fingernail.

"Better hurry," She looks at Elena then to her cut, "Your opportunity is going, going, going.... and gone," She ends as the cut fully heals.

Elena looks very upset now.  

Katherine chuckles, "I made the other choice."

After another short storytelling Elena speaks once again.

"Rose and Trevor spent the last 500 years running because you used them. Trevor just got killed."

"Never thought he would have lasted that long," Katherine shrugs it off.

"Bitch," I mutter.

"You don't even care that you ruined their lives," Elena is so disturbed.

Katherine gives a 'how dare you' look, "I was looking out for myself, Elena. I will always look out for myself. Mystal does too. If you're smart, you'll do the same." Now, don't drag me into this.

She then turns a little and starts to open the book as Elena shoot daggers at her with her eyes.

"So how much of your little story is true?" Elena digs as she goes to stand.