2X17: Know Thy Enemy- Part 2

"Is this the spot Emily Bennett was killed, too?" Jeremy questions.

Damon and I met back up with Team Witch Location Search. Yeah, okay, I'm not good at team names. I am curious though as to why Jeremy is here, he's getting on my nerves.

"Founders thought it was poetic burning her where the other witches burned," Damon replies.

"How do you know where the witches were burned?" Bonnie takes a stab since Damon is taking questions.

"Cause I tried to save her," Damon deadpans, "Emily was just my key to getting Katherine back before I knew what a nasty little bitch Katherine was."

"Yes we all learned that the hard way," I add. Jeremy snickers.

"Hmm," Damon lets out as we come across a white house.

"You're sure it's the right place?" Jeremy doubts. Damon nods slowly.

We walk up to it and Damon opens the door and we follow him inside. We look around to see everything is old, creepy, and dusty. Jeremy breaks a board and lets out a noise. Damon goes over to look through a window and when he turns around he can't move.

He tries again and grunts, then chuckles, "Whatever witchy prank you're playing, don't," He says to Bonnie, raises his brows, and whispers, "It's not funny."

"I'm not doing anything," Bonnie replies confused.

Damon then turns to me, "I'm not on that level," I defend.

"I can't move," Damon claims. Then his skin starts to sizzle, "Ahh," He cries out in pain, "Oh, my rings not working. Do something," He rushes out. His face getting red and more burned.

He lets out a cough, holds his hand up, and hollers out in pain. It stops and he bends over to catch his breath.

"I don't think the witches like you being in here," Bonnie gathers.

"I guess this is the right place," Jeremy takes back what he said outside. He should be getting burned instead for doubting.

"I'm gonna go wait outside," Damon nods irritated.

"I'll come with you," I pat his arm.

The witches seemed fine with me, but I didn't want him to feel left out. Bonnie and Jeremy split from us. Jeremy holds his hands up not wanting any trouble and Damon stomps outside.

"Good luck," I whisper before catching up with Damon.

3P POV
Isobel just told Alaric she was sorry and that she loved him. He wasn't buying it.

"He's all yours," Isobel says.

Alaric looks at her confused. A male witch in a black trench coat comes up behind him, putting both palms on either side of Alaric's head, and knocks unconscious with a spell as Isobel walks away.

Back to Mystal's POV
Damon is facing the opposite way of the house arms crossed before uncrossing and swinging them a few times.

"Stop fidgeting," I smack him.

"Wanna hurry it up in there," He calls out impatiently. He turns to walk in and the door is slammed in his face. "Screw you, too, Emily," Damon yells. I laugh hard. "You know, you're on your own in there," He is now talking to the alive people. "Let's go," He grabs my arm and we leave.

"You're just petty," I roll my eyes at him, "Sorry guys," I shout to Bonnie and Jeremy, mostly Bonnie though.

~~~

Well Damon and I were on our way home when Elena called us about John. Apparently something happened at the event at the Lockwood's and we need to go fix it.

We walk into the mansion and people are leaving. Carol and Liz are standing in the entry way and John's body is laying on the ground. They don't say anything about me being there, I think they're use to me being Damon's parter in crime by now.

"How is he?" Damon asks.

"He's dead," Liz states.

Damon and I crouch down by Johns body. I point to his neck where there are bite marks, clearly a vampire, and Damon turns his head to look too. He picks Johns hand up, sees the ring, and plops it back down.

"He'll be fine in a couple of hours," Damon tells the ladies.

"What are you talking about? Damon, he's dead," Carol thinks.

Damon gives me a yikes face.

"Well..." I begin as we stand, "Here's the thing."

"Johns ring, it's an old Gilbert heirloom that protects its owner from death by supernatural entity," Damon clues Carol and Liz in.

"But he's not breathing, he has no pulse," Carol stresses.

"He will be. Trust us," I assure her. Damon nods to me and we pick up his body.

"We're gonna need a cover story-," Damon warns, "Epileptic fit, alcohol binge, banana peel, whatever works," He lists off, "But right now we just have to get him out of here."

Carol and Liz look at us in disbelief. They know about vampires, what is so hard to fathom? We head out the back.

~~~

I open our front door for Damon as he carries John over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. I am actually enjoying this. Damon drops him hard on our entry way floor and I shut the door.

Damon lets out a scoff, when he looks down at his hands to see they're covered in blood, "Good job John."

We head upstairs to his bathroom and I make fun of him while he washes his hands. "Drama queen. Blood is like lotion on our hands basically," I joke as he dries his hands and take off his also ruined shirt.

I don't get the hype. He has abs, but like gross ones. His cell phone starts ringing. He gives me a curious look.

"Stefan?" He answers, "How'd Mystal and I beat you and Elena home?"

Good question. He explains really fast on the phone that Katherine jumped him and took his car and has Elena. Blah, blah, blah.

"What!" I exclaim.

Damon hangs up and slams his phone down on the counter. He starts rummaging through his dish of soaps. Oh fuck.

"Damonnnn," I say warily.

He knocks all of the soaps out, "No, no!" He gripes and whacks the soap holder off the counter.

"Fucking hell," I mutter as we walk out