2X13: Daddy Issues- Part 5

Damon and I go straight home while Stefan takes Caroline home. He offered for me to go with him but I declined. I swear we're only home for like a minute before someone knocks on the door. Do we every get a moment of peace around here?

"All the time." I mutter as Damon goes to answer it.

"What do you want?" Damon is rude to whoever it is. I peak to see it's someone I don't know.

"We didn't finish our conversation." A man tells him and takes a step forward. Brave man.

"And who might you be?" I make my appearance. The stranger looks at Damon a bit confused before it dawns on him.

"Ah, so you're the Salvatore Sister." He figures out.

"The one and only." I smirk.

"This is John Gilbert." Damon introduces, unhappily I might add.

"Oh." I scrunch up my face.

"Anyway, I'll bite." Damon goes back to the previous topic.

"I've been thinking, personal feeling aside, Damon." John proceeds and let's himself further into our house and Damon shuts the door. "I think you and Stefan will do all you can to protect Elena." I roll my eyes. "I assume this one will follow." He turns to me.

"You assume wrong." I cross my arms. "Unlike my brothers, I don't like Elena. Sorry bout it." I shrug, very annoyed that he'd assume. John frowns at me.

"Ignore her please. I agree with that statement and she will too." Damon agrees with him and shooting me a 'behave' look and I narrow my eyes at him.

"So, I come baring gifts." John proceeds.

"Oohh, well damn I would've been more bubbly if I knew you brought gifts." I sarcastically bite back.

I can't help that sarcasm is my second language. Damon rolls his eyes at my antics. John then unravels a cloth and reveals a dagger... and some ash. My mouth falls open slightly.

"No fucking way." I breath out.

Damon looks at me then at John confused. "What the hell is that?"

"This is how you kill an Original." John explains.

Damon glances at me, waiting for confirmation. I nodded my head yes, it's true.

"In this vial is ash from a white oak tree." John  picks up the bottle. "It dates back to genesis of The Originals. The dagger must be dipped into the ash." John lightly demonstrations, not actually dipping it in. "And then plunged into the heart."

Damon rips the dagger from John's hands.

"And how do you know all this, John?" I cross my arms, curiosity mixed with slight anger spilling out of me. But I shouldn't be anger he found it. I should be relieved, happy.

"Isobel. She's very good at finding out things, but of course you know that." He turns to Damon.

"Where is Isobel?" Damon asks him.

"Let's just say if she accomplishes what she's attempting, Klaus will never step foot in Mystic Falls." John ominously answers.

I smile. I like the sound of that. No one really seems to like this Isobel, but I could kiss her right now.

"Where Elena concerned," John continues, "You and I are on the same side. I hope she is too." John points to me, then leaves.

~~~~

My phone goes off as I annoyedly head upstairs with my bourbon and blood. 

I scoff, rolling my eyes before answering. "What?"