2X15: Dinner Party- Part 3

We all are seated around our long table. I am sittig between Damon and Elijah.

Jenna pours Damon more wine as she speaks, "I hate to break it to you, Damon and Mystal, but according to Elijah, your family is so not a founder of this town."

Damon perks up, "Hmm, do tell."

"Yes, do," I add.

"Well, as I mentioned to Jenna earlier, a faction of settlers migrated from Salem after The Witch Trials in the 1690s," He starts to storytell. Damon and I just raise our heads fascinated, "Over the next hundred years they developed this community where they could feel safe from persecution." John takes a bite of food and looks over at us, look away!

"Hm. Because they were witches," Jenna finishes excitedly.

"Yeah, but there's no tangible proof there were witches in Salem," Andie argues.

Damon points at her proudly, "Andie's a journalist. Big on facts."

"Well, the more says that there was this wave," Elijah ignores those who don't care, Damon winks at Andie, "Of anti-witch hysteria. It broke out in the neighboring settlement, so these witches were rounded up," Jenna looks into the story, at least someone cares, "They were tied to stakes in a field together and, uh, burned. Some say you could hear the screams from miles around us. They were consumed by the fire."

"I'm eating," I drop my fork, complaining very quietly to him.

He then turns to me since I grabbed his attention, "Could you pass the..."

Jenna interrupts before I could reject Elijah's request, "Yeah. I wouldn't replay this to the historical society," She chuckles.

"It's starting to sounds a little like a ghost story to me," John speaks up. I forgot he was here.

"So, what do you want to know the location on these alleged massacre?" Damon wonders.

Elijah slowly raises his head and smiles softly, "You know... a healthy historians curiosity, of course."

"Bullshit," I cough, but only to where vampires in the room could here it.

"Of course," Damon nods his head and Elijah does the same and smiles in return. I am going to need much more wine to make it though the evening.

"Does anyone care for some cognac?" Damon asks the table, "I have a bottle I've been saving for ages."

"Oh, yes please," I raise a finger.

"Aren't you Elena and Stefan's age?" Jenna leans over and whispers. Shit.

"Uhhh," I start out, what to say? 'Yeah, but like times a million'?

"Oh, it's fine," She giggles, "I was a teenager once." Whew. I didn't know how she was gonna adult at me. I like even more now, and who knew that was possible.

"None for me thanks. 9 bottle of whine is my limit," Alaric jokes and we all laugh.

Everyone stands up from the table.

"The gentleman should take their drinks to the study, and Mystal too because Damon wants you," Andie does as she is told.

"I have to say the food was almost as wonderful as the company," Elijah kisses ass.

"I like you," Andie buys it.