About Jane

Stage Name: Jane

Korean Name: Baek YunJae

English Name: Jane Baek

Birthday: February 14, 1997

Height: 170cm

Eye color: Golden Brown

Group: Monsta X

Position: Sub-vocalist, performance

Trainee Since: 2010

Background: Jane was born and raised in South Korea. She had a brief stay in America for about a year when her father was traveling for work, but they quickly moved back to South Korea. She loved singing and dancing from a young age, but she stuck to dancing more and prides herself on it. It's what she does to help her destress and clear her mind. If she doesn't even have the energy to dance, that's when you know something is terribly wrong and when you should start worrying. She is very guarded and doesn't trust people easily, but she is always open to giving someone a chance. She is not what one would call the Korean "norm." She doesn't dye her hair crazy colors and prefers to keep it black. She wears dark clothes and rarely has any color in her wardrobe unless it's the stage outfit the stylist has picked out, but even then she tries her best to keep it dark colors.

Hobbies: Dance is her main hobby but she also really got into producing right before No.Mercy started. She prefers to dance over anything, but she does enjoy being able to make her own music and help others with producing their own tracks.

Internal Struggles: Jane's major internal struggle is how guarded she keeps herself from others, no matter how close. She has trouble trusting others due to her past with her mother. She also isn't able to make friends easily as a lot of people feel strongly intimated by her when they first meet her and she's super quiet.

Strengths: As mentioned, she isincredibly skilled in dancing. She isalso really good in acrobatics as well. It doesn't take her long to catch on to something new. Despite how closed off she can be, she isextremely caring towards those who mean most to her. She would give up anything and do anythingfor those she cares about.