Starting over

I read each word through once again before placing the paper into an envelope

Grabbing a pen from the desk, I signed it off.

I was too embarrassed to face San after the little fight we had so I decided to quit. I know mixing personal and professional life shouldn't happen but it did.

I didn't want to face him anymore.

He was always annoying and well now he has definitely crossed the limits.

I'm just going to give up my dreams of working in the most reputable organization in Seoul because I can't stand the guy.

The guy being the boss.

The boss being Choi San.

I refuse to work for someone who doesn't respect his employees.

Coming from the girl that slept with her boss

"You sure?" Seonghwa asked as I handed him the envelope.

"Yeah, the job is more stressful than I could've imagined" I lied to him.

I couldn't bring myself to tell him the truth about the contract or what happened that night.

"Ok I'll do it but promise me that we will still hang out and you won't just forget me" he pouted.

"How can I forget you? When you're free just know that I'll be here" I said and he flashed me a smile.

His breathtaking smile

"Bye," he said as he made his way out of my apartment.

Letting out a sigh, I plopped my figure down on my couch as I scroll through vacancies on the internet.

The rent isn't going to pay itself right?!

°°°

Nothing to my liking. The only thing I found was either being a part-time stripper or something a bit more self-shaming.

I mean stripping for one person wouldn't be horrible but doing it in front of old thirsty looking men would really make me feel much more useless than what I'm currently feeling.

A soft knock was heard from my door and I quickly made my way over to the door only to discover a tall semi-drunk Mark standing there.

"Hey, I just came by to see if you're okay," he said with a shy smile.

"Yeah what makes you think that I'm not?" I asked suspiciously.

"Your boyfriend looked pissed off so I just wanted to ensure that you're fine" he said and I replied with "he isn't my boyfriend"

I averted my eyes to the floor and let my weight of my body tip back and forth awkwardly.

"So does this mean I might somehow get the chance I deserve? " he questioned with a playful smile.

I felt depressed and honestly done with everything and everyone at this moment so I said "honestly, I just want a job and I don't want to fall back on my rent and I tried job hunting and all I see is vacancy for strippers ughhh"

I ran a hand through my hair as I felt overwhelmed and tired of everything.

And the fact that I'm ranting to a guy I met recently doesn't help me in any way.

"Calm down," he said as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

Mark tried to assure me that everything was going to be alright but the truth is I knew that it wasn't.

"How can I keep calm?" I asked in a pout.

"How about this? I'm off to work now but I'll keep an eye out for any vacancies" he said and I nodded knowing that at least someone is there for me when I need them to be.

I gave him my phone number just in case he spots a vacancy.

"Relax and just do something to your liking today. If I see anything then I'll give you a call " he said and I nodded before watching him disappearing into the halls of the building.

Closing the door, I moved on over to my bedroom with the thought of San's words replaying in my head.

Again, I cried myself to sleep.

Before I knew it, I was scared out of my sleep by the loud ringing of my cellphone.

Unknown

I picked it up anyway.

"Hello y/n?" He asked and I said yes to the familiar voice immediately.

"I saw a job opening but I'm not sure you'd be up for it," Mark said and I replied "just as long as it doesn't have anything to do with sleeping with old guys or stripping then sure"

"It's being a bartender. You know, just mixing alcohol nothing difficult" he said and I agreed to it.

What is the worse that could happen?!

Its just mixing alcohol, right?

"Well meet me at the bar on the main street of the fifth avenue in the next hour for the interview. Call me when you're close by, I'll wait outside" he said before hanging up.

"Well, here I go, this shouldn't be so bad, right?" I asked myself before rushing to get dressed.

°°°

71k reads :'(( thank you, hoes!!!