Save the act

I looked at Jongho and mumbled "I do not like Nas, my friend likes him"

Jongho quirked his left eyebrow and said "Save the act y/n" and I exhaled before saying "Nas isn't my type"

Of course, I knew that he would be able to figure out that Nas was San but I couldn't be straight forward and just say I like San.

It was obvious that I was referring to San but the child in me told me to act dumb at this moment.

The blondes better watch out ;)

Jongho's smirk was visible on his face when he said "then tell your friend that I won't be able to help her if she doesn't want to be honest"

He went along with my act.

I closed my eyes and exhaled sharply before saying "She is just confused. She didn't know that she would fall for a jerk like San"

"So you do like him?" He asked and I nodded in embarrassment.

"I didn't know where else to go. I don't know what to do now. You know him best since you're his brother" I assumed.

"You're too good for him. Forget the feelings" he said as he leaned back in his chair.

My eyes darted up and made four with his and I asked: "what do you mean?"

"San isn't worth your time y/n. He wouldn't change. You wanted my advice and I will be honest with you. He's just going to hurt you and I don't think-"

Before he could finish, I asked "why are you being like this?"

"I'm just being honest y/n," he said as he looked at me.

"You wanted my advice and I'm going to give it to you. I think you should forget about your feelings for San." He let out rapidly.

It was as if he was panicking. Almost as if.

"How can I just get rid of my feelings? It's not like I wanted this to happen" I argued.

"He's a monster y/n. You're going to regret it" he retorted and I tilted my head as I studied his expression.

Tears were at the brim of his eyes. He looked as if he would break anytime soon. I've never seen him like this before. He closed his eyes tightly as if he was afraid of something or maybe someone.

I rushed over to his side and held his hand as I whispered "it's okay"

"It's not okay, y/n" he shouted and I flinched

"I loved her" he let out and his walls completely collapsed. His tears streamed down his face and I hugged him quickly.

"I loved her so much," he said as his arms fell lifeless to my side.

"He never loved her. She was just another fuck to him. And yet after one night with him, she couldn't keep her hands off of him. She wanted him." He let out as he sobbed.

I stroke his head and listened to him "Sapphire and I were happy. We had even planned to get married until-" he stopped and I whispered again "it's okay" as I squeezed him tightly.

"You don't have to talk about it," I told him but he didn't listen.

"It's better to get it off of my chest and it's better for you to know the truth. Just so you wouldn't involve yourself and get hurt"  he let out and I replied "then tell me" as I sat next to him on the couch.

"My parents weren't exactly happy together. They were arranged by their parents to get married for the sake of the business. They got married and my dad fell in love. He cherished her and loved her but she hadn't accepted him." He spoke out with tears lacing every word.

"She eventually cheated on my dad with his best friend and when my dad found out he was on the verge of suicide. Arguments were never-ending. They got abusive to each other. Slowly the business was failing and that's when Sapphire came in. She was everything I could've ever wanted." He said and I drew imaginary circles on his hands.

"Our parents agreed to get us married to save the family business and we were happy about it since we loved each other. It wasn't forced. The only thing I remembered after this was getting engaged to her then walking in on her and San fucking" My jaw dropped to the floor and I felt horrible for Jongho.

How could they do this to him? How could their parents be so selfish? How could San and Sapphire be so heartless?