Soulless Lecture

"Look at the time y/n," he said as he held his watch close to my face

"You've been gone since yesterday. You said that you were going to a friend's house but instead, you come back the day after, hungover." Mark lectured.

"You were supposed to work today but you did not show up. What is the boss going to think?" He continued with the soulless lecture

"I'm sorry" I let out softly and he immediately snapped at me "sorry doesn't cut it. Over the past week, I had to manage your shifts and because you know that I have feelings for you, I think you're using me"

My eyes were almost out of their sockets at this point. I knew Mark had feelings for me but I would never use anyone especially in a way like this.

"What?" I asked waiting for him to elaborate.

"Y/n, I was worried. You've been out all night. I tried calling you and as your boyfriend, I have the right to know if you're okay" he said as he took small steps closer to me.

I stepped back knowingly and asked, "what do you mean as a boyfriend?"

He eyed me weirdly then said "we had sex y/n. I have feelings for you and I'm sure you feel the same way about me. And I thought by the act of copulation, we made it official" he said with a soft smile resting on his lips.

I was stunned.

I had no clue about this.

Mark assumed that we were dating.

"Mark, we are not dating. We had sex, yes but that doesn't mean that we're in love or anything like that." I said trying to go easy on him.

"You can't deny the fact that you like me, y/n," he said close to my face which was only inches apart then he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Mark stop" I finally said pushing him away.

It's what I should've done from the start.

"I should've said this from the start, Mark. I don't feel the same way. Just because we had sex, it does not mean that it's official. We are just neighbors and friends. I consider us nothing more or nothing less so please" I begged as I clasped my hands together "stop assuming"

Mark averted his gaze to the floor. I felt the guilt settling as I saw his shoulders sulk.

"I'm sorry I lead you on," I said trying to blame myself for this whole situation.

"Yeah, you're right! You lead me on and played with my feelings but I feel bad for you" he said as his gaze burned into mine.

"You're pathetic! Ever since I saw you, I thought maybe you would be different but then I realized how love-struck and heartbroken you seem so I tried to help you" he said as he grasps my shoulder "you're never going to change. All women are the same. They are pathetic!" He screamed in my face as he shook my shoulders.

I had never witnessed Mark being this harmful to anyone. He always appeared to be a nice guy but I triggered him. I caused this.

"I tried to make this work" he gestured between us "but I should have known that you would just be a good fuck"

The words, I heard it on repeat.

I felt the guilt again.

He was trying to be nice but I had to do this. I had to act this way.

I couldn't help but blame myself.

"At first, I thought you were too good for me and won't want me because I'm a bisexual but honestly I would rather be bisexual and date a guy than dating your sorry ass" he continued.

I stayed silent and let him treat me this way. I let him vent his anger out on me.

"You're just useless. I don't see why San even pays me to watch over you. No one wants you. No one cares for you." He said before finally turning away from me.

"He's handsome but I don't see why he's protecting a useless thing like you when I could give him the pleasure he deserves." He let out with a smirk on his face.

Hands-on the doorknob, he glanced at me once with hatred in his eyes then he left.