Sweet scent of fresh roses

We sat around and wept because though we wanted to be with each other, the time wasn't in our favor

After being locked away in a room for over three hours, we knew what our feelings were and what we wanted pertaining to each other.

But I just couldn't pretend as if San didn't sleep with Sapphire the same night he pretended as if I was his girlfriend.

I needed to process this with time.

Hand in hand as San drew imaginary circles on the back of my hand, my head was placed on his shoulder.

As if the moment wasn't already perfect, I heard his voice, "I'll never let you go" he vocalized with a honey voice.

"I'll always be by your side" he continued.

His voice was really a blessing. After spending so many months with him, it's the first time actually hearing him sing.

I had high expectations and he surpassed all.

He was perfect.

Maybe we could've stayed in this silent moment forever until we heard someone knocking softly on the door.

"We're letting you guys out now" Wooyoung shouted.

Their laughter echoed again but neither San nor I moved a muscle.

The door was pushed open and there stood Seonghwa, Jongho, and Wooyoung.

"Aw you guys made up," Wooyoung said and we averted our eyes to their tall figures.

"Did you guys want to stay longer?" Jongho asked with a smirk as neither of us moved.

"No, we're okay," San said as Seonghwa shot a heartbroken smile our way.

San slowly pushed his figure off of the ground and so did I.

I looked at Jongho and said "thank you, " before glancing back at San.

"I should get going now," I said as I rubbed at my arm.

"I'll walk you out," San said and I nodded as the guys looked at us with confused expressions.

"The room worked," Seonghwa said forcing himself to believe his lie.

°°°

"Be safe. And remember, I'll wait" San said before closing my door and allowing me to drive off.

He looked at her car become smaller in the distance then said "I'll wait even if it's forever" to himself.

°°°

Arriving home, I took a long bath and allowed myself to get a good night's rest.

I was exhausted so it didn't take long for me to fall asleep.

°°°
The next morning, I was awoken by the shriek of the doorbell.

Rushing over to the door, I opened it.

The only thing visible was a huge bunch of red roses.

"Compliments of Choi San" the voice let out and I thanked the delivery guy who placed the big bouquet of roses on my kitchen counter.

"Thank you," I said to him once again as he passed his slender fingers through his mullet then said "there's a card in there too" before leaving.

I cast my eyes over the roses in search of the card.

Reaching out, I grabbed the card.

"Have a great day beautiful" it's stated. "I wanted to pick a flower you'd like but if I had to choose one from all those pretty flowers, you'd be my favorite"

I smiled at his little cringe-worthy attempt at pick up lines.

I heaved a sigh as I sat on the kitchen counter. Leaning in, I sniffed the scent of the roses. It was heavenly.

"What will you do now y/n?" I asked myself as I thought about my feelings towards San.

His smile is everything. It lights up my world. Every time I see him, my heartbeat increases. I get nervous and shy around him sometimes and sometimes I just want to rip his clothes off. He's hardworking and seems trustworthy in this moment but what should I do?

Should I forgive him?

Should I forget about everything that happened and move on with him?

Should I just start a new with him?