She wasn't worried

I had no clue what should be done from here, I planted my figure onto the couch in the living room with the sound of the television drowning out every other small noise that could be heard

I had no clue what should be done from here, I planted my figure onto the couch in the living room with the sound of the television drowning out every other small noise that could be heard. Before I knew it, my eyelids got heavier with each second that passed and I drifted off into a deep sleep.

°°°

My eyes fluttered opened when a loud sound resonates, the front door slammed shut causing me to jump out of my sleep in panic. 

With sleepy eyes, I stared ahead at the clock that hung lightly on the wall, the time read 3:45am and then the figure makes himself known.

"Crap!" He said lowly and it's only then I noticed that I had passed out on the couch while I was waiting for San. Our dinner laid out on the table in front of me as I was waiting to have dinner with him.

"It's almost 4 'o' clock" I groaned, snuggling back into the warmth of the couch. "You okay?" I mumbled, knowing he had rushed out most likely for some reason pertaining to the company.

He moved closer to me as he stroked my hair "Everything's okay, go back to sleep"

Obeying him, I let my eyelids greet each other once again.

°°°

San's eyes casted over y/n's sleeping figure and he couldn't help but to let the feeling of guilt rush through his body. He knew waiting with Sapphire was a bad idea but he also knew that if Sapphire, a pregnant woman worries, it could cause harm to her child.

San's involvement in Sapphire's life had nothing to do with him or her anymore, it was merely a way for him to look out for Seonghwa.

He knew what his past with Sapphire was and he wasn't going to just give up all that he had gained and grew to love because of one woman that caused him hardship.

She was nothing to him.

From the moment Sapphire said that Seonghwa was missing, he made sure to call and report this matter to the police but just when he was about to leave, she asked him to stay.

He couldn't just walk out and leave her to fend for herself while she's pregnant so he decided to stay until she fell asleep.

He just had no idea that his wife would be at home, waiting for him to return so that they could have dinner together.

He felt as if he had betrayed her.

Looking over at the cold food, he picked up the plates and dumped it all into the trashcan.

He was angry with himself.

He leaned down, placing a kiss onto y/n's forehead before lifting her up and moving her over into their shared bedroom.

San pulled the cover over their bodies and just as he cuddled up closer to y/n, the ringing of his phone caught him by surprise.

Pulling his phone out, he held it directly over his face as he stared at the screen which displayed Sapphire.

Sliding the green button, he answered. "Hello?" The woman replied and the next thing he responded with was "I'll be there!"

He slowly got out of bed, not having a single clue that y/n's eyes were opened and that she saw whose name was displayed on her husband's phone at this time. 

She wasn't worried at first but the moment he said he'll be right there, made her feel as if she should worry.