Chapter 1 😸

~Y/N POV~

So here I am, standing outside the rescue centre for hybrids. Once I go in there's no going back, I'm picking a hybrid for company. I'm sick and tired of being alone and my therapist thinks it would be a good idea, since I'm in early stages of depression.

Anxiety builds within and my nerves creep up on me, can I really do this?

I scratched the left side of my neck where my scar is, from that awful fateful night that took away my parents. It's now or never I keep telling myself. I have to do this for myself, for some companionship.

Taking deep breathes I decided to walk into the building with a clear mind.

I'm greeted at the reception with a nice looking guy, he smiles sweetly at me and he puts down his phone to talk with me.

"Welcome to the hybrid rescue centre, how may I help you?" Receptionist

"I'm here to adopt a hybrid please."

His smile widens and he stands up from his seat.

"That's great. I can be with you in one moment and I'll show you around. Please take a seat over in the waiting area, I won't be long." Receptionist

"Thank you."

I turned around and walking over to the comfy looking seats with cushions on them. It's a small waiting area but it's clean with white washed walls and posters of animals decorated everywhere. My guess is that they would be the hybrids in animal form, maybe even the ones that have been adopted already.

"Are you ready?" Receptionist

I flinched at the voice and stood up. He held out his hand for me and carried a clipboard with the other.

"My name is mark. It's nice to meet you." Mark

I shook his hand and forced out a smile. I'm not really much of a people person other than the on friend I have known since birth. So I can be a little awkward at times.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Y/n."

He widens his smile and starts writing in the clip board after letting go of my hand.

"Okay. Now if you would like to follow me, I'll show you some hybrids that are available for adoption." Mark

He turns around quickly and walks toward the double white doors with small windows on each of them. I followed him as he opened the doors for me and it was a total change of scenery.

Through here was filled with cages and animal noises. Even the smell, it was like an ordinary animal rescue centre, a mixture of animal and cleaning products.

"Now may I ask you first, how many are you looking to adopt today?" Mark

"I'm not too sure yet. I just want to have a look around to see what one feels right."

He nods like he understood and ticked something on the clipboard.

"What breed of hybrid would you prefer?" Mark

"I'm looking for something like a dog or a cat maybe."

He nods again and does a further two ticks and then smiles back at me holding the clipboard to his chest.

"Great if you'd like to follow me, I'll show you to the cats and dogs section." Mark

I nodded and followed him further down the hallway that was filled with cage doors on each side.

Further walking down until mark came to a stop and pointed at two cages.

"Right now we only have three hybrid dogs. Two females and one male." Mark