Chapter 4 - The Tour

As you start walking to the bottom of the building, Lena turns to you and resumes her spree of questions. 

"So how long have you been in Hell for?" she says.

"Too long. Eons."

"How many demons have you killed?"

"Not enough."

"What do you mean, not enough? You've been in Hell for millions of years doing nothing but kill demons, surely you've gotten bored of killing them?"

"Until the end of time, I will have demons at the end of my gun barrel."

This final bit shocked her. She didn't realise that you had no other purpose. You existed in this world now only to kill demons. All which lived had some level of fear of you, demons having the most. You were chosen to kill them, and kill them you would until there were no more, even if that never came.

"Have you ever considered stopping? I mean, surely there's other things you want to do with your life."

You thought the answer to that would be an obvious no, since you hated the demons more than anyone else. You wanted every demon to suffer and die. You learned to get enjoyment from their death. You'd been alone with them so long, you didn't even know how to get enjoyment from anything else.

"So....." she said, making you realise you hadn't actually answered her question.

"No. The demons must suffer. I must kill them all."

"But like, you've done nothing but kill them. Surely you want a change of scenery or to do something else."

"No."

She looked sad at this. You could tell that she wanted you to enjoy yourself, but you'd been so long without happiness, that you couldn't remember how nice it was to go out and enjoy yourself. Even then, if you could remember, the demons wouldn't wait to attack again. You were about to ask her why she's so happy, but she then stopped and looked at you.

"So then, (y/n). This is your room." she says as she opens the door for you, handing you the key-card. "My rooms just there" she says pointing at the room diagonally opposite to yours. "Cafeteria is down that way to the left. I'll come get you when it's time to go get food. See ya soon, big boy." She said that last bit with a little giggle, then blinked over to her room, giving you a little wink. 

You walked into your room, closing the door behind you. It was more a small apartment then a room. In the main section, there was a couch and a TV on one side, and on the other, there was general kitchen stuff. There were 2 other rooms in the apartment. The bathroom, which consisted of a toilet, shower, sink and a cabinet to store stuff in. The other room was a bedroom, which consisted of a queen-size bed, a large wardrobe and 2 bedside tables. You open the wardrobe and see that there were already some clothes in there. You take your armour off and and put the a gray T-shirt and some jeans on.

"Would you like me to stay on?" Vega says to you, from your helmet.

"No." You say bluntly back. Vega could be helpful, but he could also be very annoying sometimes and you actually wanted to relax for once.

"Very well (y/n), if you don't mind me calling you that. I shall be awaiting your return."

You close the bedroom door and go sit down on the couch to watch some TV. Of course, the first thing which comes up is breaking news about the hell invasion. By this point, 30% of the earth had been consumed by hell, with the main parts being roughly central Europe and West Asia. Although you didn't need to sleep, you still felt tired, but not in the ways that others do. You could go months without resting and still be able to go on. It wasn't rare for you to go what felt like years without even sitting down. You decide to take the opportunity to close your eyes for a minute just to get a little rest.