Chapter 57 - The Battle

Lena pov

I'd told Jack what was going to happen. He told everyone in the base to get rest while me, him and Reinhardt discussed the plan.

"So, how do we kill him?" Jack said.

"We wait for (y/n)." I said. "Nobody can kill him, not even me. Only (y/n) can kill him."

"That doesn't sound like much of a plan." Reinhardt said.

"But it's the only plan we've got. He's too strong. Once (y/n) has killed Erebus, he will join us with the power of hell behind him. Once Erebus has been slain, there will be nothing which can stop (y/n). We just have to stall until then."

"And if (y/n) doesn't turn up?" Jack asked.

"He, he has to. If any of us are to live, (y/n) has to arrive."

"Lena, how do you know he will arrive. I mean, you are the only one who believes he is still alive, so, what happens if you are just seeing things?"

"I'm not seeing things!" I screamed making both Jack and Reinhardt lean back in shock. "Just because you can't see him doesn't mean I can't! I've spoken to him and he's told me what to do!"

"Lena, go get some rest, you'll need it for tomorrow." Reinhardt said.

"No, I have to discuss how we're gonna stall."

"Lena, go get some rest."

"But I have to-" I went to say until I heard a voice inside my head.

"Lena, trust them. You need rest, you've been stressed and pressured beyond humanly possible, just, please, for mine and your sake."

"O-ok (y/n). I will." I said out loud to the voice in my head.

"Lena?" Jack said as he walked over to me. I stood up and started walking out of the room. "Where are you going?"

"To get rest, like you told me to."

Jack went to say something but stopped himself.

I walked to the room and quietly opened the door to go in. I snuck into bed to try and not wake up Genji or Angela. I think I succeeded in not waking them up. I got into bed and went to sleep.

"I love you Lena." I heard in my head.

"I love you too (y/n)." I replied.

I woke up to hear Jack bang on our door.

"Come on, everybody up." He shouted at our door. I sat up as I heard him go around to more doors and wake everybody up.

"Good morning Lena." Angela said as she sat up.

"Morning Angie." I replied.

I got out of bed and went straight to go see Jack and ask him about the plan.

"What're we gonna do to stall?" I asked.

"We've got some tactics that will hopefully work." He said.

"Go on."

"Firstly we've got you. You may not be able to kill doomfist, but you can mess him around for a hell of a long time without getting hurt. Secondly, we've got the ARC joining us in the fight, and they've got a lot of troops and mechs. Finally, we have the defensive advantage. He's coming to us, so we can set up defences all around the UN headquarters in preparation for his arrival."

"Sounds good." I said.

"Well it's the best we've got." Jack replied. "Anyway, go get your food. We've got a long day ahead of us."