Chapter 36 - A Day Out - Shopping

I woke up with Lena still in my arms. I laid there in bed for a while, thinking about her and admiring her cuteness, which I would always love. I sat up and started fussing her head. She sighed as I did so and continued pretending to be asleep.

I looked at the clock. It was 9:26. I went to get out of bed, but Lena grabbed onto my arm.

"Nooo, stay here. Pwease." Lena sighed as she pulled me closer. I thought about it. I had many reasons to get back into bed and only 1 reason not to, that being we needed to unpack.

"Only for you love." I said as I got back into bed.

Lena smiled and shuffled over to me. I pulled her close to my body and hugged her. Her soft skin was the nicest thing I'd ever felt. Just touching her skin made me feel happier. It distracted me from my past by allowing me to think about the future.

Lena had fallen asleep again. I know I've said this many times and I'll say it many times more, but Lena looks so cute asleep. What makes her even more cute is the fact that she's mine and I know she wants to be mine.

I stayed in bed with her for a long time. When I next looked over at the clock, it was 12:03. I sat up and began fussing Lena's hair again. After a minute of me doing so, she sat up. She looked into my eyes and smiled at me.

"Morning Lena." I said.

She pulled me close and pressed her lips against mine. We both melted into the kiss. We stayed like that for a minute before we stopped.

"Morning luv." She replied.

We stared into each others eyes for a second, before her eyes drifted down to the clock. She gasped a little and got out of bed to start getting dressed. I too got out of bed and began getting dressed. I put on some, you guessed it, jeans and a dark blue shirt, while Lena put on some thick tracksuit bottoms, a red arrows shirt and the hoodie she was wearing yesterday on.

"Well luv, looks like we've had our lie in, let's do something today." She said, full of energy.

"What first though?" I asked. I think Lena's stomach answered that as it made a noise more comparable to a whale call than a noise you'd expect a human to make.

Lena blushed as she realised I heard it. "I think my body's just answered.that for you." She said as she pulled me downstairs. "Now, luv. It's been a while since I've been here, so there's no food, so we've gotta go shopping!" She said as she put her shoes on and grabbed her debit card. She also grabbed her pistols and put them in her pocket, just in case. I put my overwatch branded trainers on.

"You ready?" Lena asked.

"I think so." I replied, not knowing what 'ready' meant in terms of shopping.

"Are you sure you'll be fine with just that shirt on? It's almost December."

"I'll be fine." I replied.

"If you think so." Lena said as she unlocked the front door. We walked out into the frosty November mid-day together. Lena locked the door behind us as we walked down to the road. Lena signalled at I black car driving by. The cars stopped and Lena opened the door to get in, signalling for me to follow.

"Yellow, Madame. Where to?" An Omnic voice said.

"Westfield Stratford CT." Lena said.

"Very well. Please put your seat belts on. This ride should take around 33 minutes and you should arrive at around 12:56."

I looked at Lena, slightly confused. "I have several questions Lena."

Lena looked at me and leaned back in her chair. "Go on luv."