Chapter 22 - Rescue

Even after what had happened here, there were no demons. All the streets and halls were empty. I walked towards the Colosseum.

"Slayer. I know what you desire. All you need to do is turn around now and I will give you back what the demons took from you so long ago."

The Khan Maykr appeared in a hologram next to me. I ignored her and kept walking.

"The humans have a hard role to play. I pity them, but earth must be consumed. Without it, my people will die."

I continued to ignore her and kept walking. I knew where I was going, since it was here where I became a Knight Sentinel.

"My world is in an energy crisis. I need your people to save my world. Without it, my people will fall. It is between my people and yours, and I cannot have you stand in my way."

I still ignored her. I knew what was happening up there, and I didn't care. I would save earth from hell and most importantly, I would save Lena.

Lena pov - day of kidnapping

I'd gone back to my room to go get changed. I'd been wearing the same clothes for a while and I needed a shower. I had a shower. It was so nice after what had happened near the overwatch base. Jack had been able to get a 2nd generator up, so I could have a longer shower. The water felt so nice on my skin. It was the closest thing I had to being with (y/n), although I still preferred him.

I got out of the shower and went to go get dressed. I walked into my bedroom and put some new clothes on. I laid down on my bed and sighed. (Y/n) was right about me not being able to cope. I don't know why it's hitting me so hard but, I just can't stop thinking about all the horrible stuff which had happened recently, and how (y/n) was used to it.

Just then I heard some noise in the main room. I grabbed my pulse pistols and slowly opened the door. An small demon jumped at me and pinned me onto my bed. I fought it off and threw it to the side. I pulled my pistols out and unloaded a full clip into it, killing it. Just as I was about to scream for help, I got hit hard in the shoulder and in the back of the head by something and passed out from the pain. I woke up in a cage, guarded by demons.

"W-where am I?" I asked.

"Ah you're finally awake." I looked up to see what looked like another hell priest staring at me. "The Khan Maykr said you mean a great deal to the slayer. We are going to use you to bargain him off. He will either have to fight his way to you, or give up and let the demonic invasion continue."

I looked at him in disgust. He was using me as a tool to bargain off (y/n).

"No no no, (y/n) has already had to make to many difficult choices, this one would just be too much." I said out loud.

"That's the entire point. We will break his will, either he lets you die, or let's the world die."

As the priest said that, he walked off and left me in the cage. I couldn't believe what was happening. I was being used to break (y/n)! I started crying. (Y/n) had already done so much to help me, but this would be too much. I sat there crying, thinking about it and what he could do for hours, but I couldn't think of anything which he could do to get me and the world out of this alive. If only I'd just done something else instead of going by myself. WHY DID I DO THAT? I sat there crying until I had no tears to cry, and then I cried some more. This time though, I had no one to help me, I was on my own. All I could do was wait, so that's all I did.

(Y/n) pov

I was nearing the arena. The memories were flooding back to me now. I could remember how I first met the priests, and how I proved myself in the arena before being put on the front lines. I was still filled with as much rage as when I first entered there, but this time, I wouldn't fail to protect the people he meant the most to me.