Chapter 33 - Iconoclast

I woke up with Lena still in my arms. Her skin was so soft to touch. I brought her head into my chest and kissed her on the top of her head. She let out a sigh as I did so and moved even closer to me. I had no intention of getting up anytime soon, although I knew that the longer the icon of sin is on earth, the stronger he will become.

I stayed with Lena in my arms, close to my body for quite a while. Every now and then, I would give her a kiss on the top of her head.

I thought about what had just happened to her. She'd been attacked by Talon troops, overwatch troops and agents and demons. Not just any old demons though, she'd been attacked by an archvile, a tyrant and a marauder. The marauder did not show any remorse either. Lena got thrown around and shot by him. I dread to think what would've happened if I hadn't had arrived then. If I'd been just 2 minutes later, she could have died, and I wouldn't have been able to bare with that.

After a while though, I finally got up. I knew I couldn't stay in bed forever since the icon of sin needed to die.

"No, please don't go. It's so nice in bed." Lena protested. However much I wanted to stay in bed, I knew I couldn't.

"I'm sorry Lena, I have to get this fight over and done with. Once it's over, I will spend as much time as we want in bed in the mornings."

Lena sighed and sat up. "Yeah. What do you have to fight again?"

"The icon of sin." I said as I started putting my suit on.

"What's that? I remember you told me about it and said it could kill everyone but what is it?" Lena said as she got out of bed herself.

"It's a titan like no other. When the betrayer, Valen, lost his son in battle, he gave up the wraiths in order to resurrect his son. The dark lords resurrected his son, but as the icon of sin. For millennia it had laid dormant, but the Khan Maykr awakened it. She tried to control it with the betrayer's son's heart, but I destroyed it, freeing his son's soul from it. Now, it only exists to destroy all in his wake. I must kill him, else the world has no chance of survival."

Lena walked over to me and put her arms around me. "When are you going to go fight him?"

"As soon as I am ready to." I replied as I hugged Lena back.

Lena looked at the clock and smiled. "It's already quarter to 11. Everyone else must be up already." She looked up into my eyes and smiled. "Let's go see what they're all doing." As she said that, she grabbed my hand and dragged me out of our room. I had already out all of my suit bar my helmet on.

We passed a few soldiers on the way, all of whom looked at me with slight fear in their eyes, yet none of them said anything.

After a minute, we'd arrived at the cafeteria. The cafeteria was one of the few rooms which didn't get damaged too badly by the Talon assault. As we walked in, we saw most of the overwatch agents in there, in various degrees of health. They were all talking to each other, but about what we couldn't make out.

Me and Lena both walked over to get some food. Lena decided to get some pancakes with blueberries and Syrup again, while I got some (food). We saw some free seats next to Reinhardt, Genji, Angela and Mccree again, so we went and sat down next to them.

"Hello (y/n), hello Lena." Reinhardt said as we sat down.

"Hello luv. How're you today?" Lena asked.

"Oh I'm fine luv, I've been through much worse." He replied.

Mccree looked at me and saw I was wearing my suit.

"(Y/n), I take it the worst is yet to come." Mccree said.

Reinhardt looked across and saw that I was wearing my suit. He looked slightly scared at me, since I hadn't responded. "Is it, (y/n)?"