Chapter 55 - Visions

It's been a few days since (y/n) died. We were having a funeral today in memory of him. All of overwatch were invited, and it was only us and the person in Kings Row who we saved there.

"Today we mourn the loss of (y/n), the slayer." Reinhardt said as he stood at the front of the church Jack had arranged. "He was the most powerful man ever to exist. He helped us in our time of need and saved us all. Without him, none of us would be here today. There was only one person who he truly cared about, and that was Lena Oxton. She was the only person who could get any emotion out of the slayer. Once (y/n) had met Lena, he changed as a person. He went from being filled with nothing but rage, to being a kind and caring soul. He promised to protect the one person he cared about forever. He protected her from demons, humans, and eventually time itself. Even in the end, he knew what he had to do to keep her safe, and so he did just that. Sadly, as we all know, he died doing so. He was killed in hell protecting us from a threat bigger than we can imagine. Our world will not be the same without him, and neither will many of our lives. For many of us, it will leave vacant spaces, but for one person in particular, it reveals the responsibility which she had bestowed upon herself. Before (y/n) died, he allowed Lena Oxton to become a slayer, and so she did. As one slayer falls, another rises. Lena, do you have any words?"

I wiped a tear out of my eye and stood up to face the overwatch agents and soldiers.

"(Y/n) would do anything to protect those who needed it. Before any of us even existed, he fought to protect those who he cared about. When he failed to do that, he damned his soul to hell to keep everyone else safe. One day, he went through to argent D'Nur. From there he became the slayer, but also brought the demons to them. They all fought hard to kill the demons, but eventually they all fell. All but the slayer. Once again, (y/n) rampaged through hell just to protect everyone. He'd gone beyond insanity, having spent aeons alone with nothing but his anger, but he still continued to put himself through it all, just to protect us. What proves the slayer's caring nature most is that we're not even from his earth. When he went back to hell, he couldn't find which earth he was from, so he chose one and vowed to keep it safe. That one was us, and so he kept us safe. When he met overwatch, he joined to help us defeat the demons. When I was captured, (y/n) did anything which was required of him to rescue me, even if it meant blowing a hole in the surface of Mars and becoming the most wanted man. He did all of it just to protect me. He was and will always be he most selfless person to exist. He promised to keep me safe and, he, he did just that. He went into hell to try and keep the archdemon Erebus at bay. He fought for many millennia down there, but, eventually, he, he died." I started to tear up again but I quickly wiped it away and regained my composure. "When (y/n) gave me the option of becoming a slayer, I took the responsibility to do so. As Reinhardt said, when one slayer falls, another rises. I don't think I could ever repeat his selflessness, but I promise to you all that I will do whatever is required of me to keep you all safe, even if that means going down to hell myself. (Y/n), I know you're watching down on us, just remember that, I, I love you."

I sat back down as Reinhardt went back up to the front.

"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Thank you (y/n) for protecting us all. Amen."

Everyone said amen together. Once we had, some people started getting up and leaving. I quickly followed and went to mine, Genji's and Angela's room. It was quite late and I hadn't slept in a few days because I was busy non stop doing missions. I went to bed and looked at all the stuff I had to remember (y/n) by. There was the photo of me and him, and his coins which he'd given me with both of our holy symbols on it. They were originally both lit up, mine in blue and (y/n)'s in red, but ever since he'd died, his had died out.

"Lena?" I looked up to see Angela looking at me. "Get some rest, you need and deserve it."

I nodded and started to get undressed. Once I was undressed, I got into bed and started to go to sleep. I was quite tired so it didn't take long for me to do so.