Chapter 24 - Kings Row

I woke up next to Lena, still with my arms around her. I know I've said it many times before but she looked so cute asleep.

I laid there in bed, thinking about the events of the last week: the initial invasion, meeting overwatch, being attacked and then striking back, the gore nests, Lena, Hayden's visit, all of it. It was different, but in a good way. I'd met friends and found the love of my life, I'd learned to relax, but also to get the job done right when it's needed. This hell invasion also felt easy to beat, much easier than the other invasions, especially considering that it was led by the Khan Maykr, but I didn't think about it for too long.

Lena started moving around next to me. She started stretching and yawning. I sat up to give her some space. She looked across in my direction and slowly opened her eyes.

"Mmh. Morning luv." Lena said whilst still stretching.

"Morning Lena." I replied, giving her a fuss on the head. She slowly sat up and looked across at me.

"So then, (y/n), what're we gonna do today." She said, whilst slouching back into the bed.

"I don't know, what do you wanna do?" I replied, since I genuinely didn't know what to do in my free time.

"Well, let's get up and go have breakfast first, then decide." She said whilst trying to get out of bed. She eventually mustered up the strength to do so and put some clothes on.

I, as per usual, put on a grey T-Shirt and jeans. I walked out of the bedroom and to the kitchen. I grabbed a cup from one of the cabinets.

"Want anything to drink?" I asked Lena.

"Uh, Water's fine." She replied from the bedroom. I filled a cup with water and went into the bedroom to give it to her. She took the cup and took a few sips before sitting back down on the bed to put her shoes on. When she finished putting her shoes on, she laid back down on the bed.

"Come on Lena, you can't just spend all day in bed."

She looked at me with a hint of sadness in her eyes. "Aw, why not?"

"Because we've got stuff to do." I replied giving her a little tug on her arm.

"What stuff?" She replied as she fought off my pathetic attempt to pull her up.

"Well we've gotta have something to eat for a start."

Just as I said that her stomach rumbled quite loudly. We both looked at her stomach and then we locked eyes.

"I guess you're right." She said whilst sitting back up. She stood up and kissed me on the cheek before we both walked out of our room and headed for the cafeteria.

Even thought the demonic invasion had only just stopped, everything felt so much more peaceful, especially so because I knew that Lena was safe and sound.

We quickly arrived at the cafeteria and we entered. There were a lot of people in the cafeteria, probably the most I'd ever seen. Some people noticed us, but most people just were too busy in conversation that they didn't realise.

Me and Lena walked over to the food bit and we both grabbed a tray each. Lena grabbed some eggs on toast, whereas I grabbed some (food). Lena also grabbed a coffee before we went to go sit down.

We saw 2 seats next to Angela and Genji, so we decided to go join them.

"Mornin' luvs." Lena said chirpily.

"Good morning Lena. How are you today?" Angela replied

"I'm fine luv, how about you?"

"I'm doing alright. Kinda busy at the moment, but what could I expect."