Chapter 12 - Talon base

Me and Jack walked away from the med bay.

"So what is it that you need my help with?" I asked Jack.

"We were meant to be attacking a Talon base today. We can't just let them get stronger. We have to strike back while they're not expecting it. If what Vega says is true, then they will be expecting us to go straight for Lena and Angela. Don't worry though. This won't take too long. Just an in and out, blow it up."

"Okay then. When are we going?"

"As soon as possible. I'll go tell Reinhardt what we're doing and put him in charge. You go get anything you need and come back here."

With that he walked off to go find Reinhardt. I had everything i needed so I didn't go anywhere. I thought about that Telos realm demon. I'd killed them all, didn't I? They were one of the first demons I drove to extinction. They couldn't still exist.

"(Y/n)?"

"Yes Vega?"

"I am picking up signals of your super shotgun in the cultist base. It is highly probably that your shotgun is located there."

"So he's the bastard who took it." Oh he was really gonna die now.

Angela pov.

The hell priest was working with Talon. When I was sending the distress call, one of the guards heard me and came and intervened. He took my watch and separated me and Lena. We could still see each other, just we were in different cells. She was so distressed. Her eyes were so bloodshot from crying and she was still in a lot of pain from what had happened yesterday. It pained me so much to see Lena like this. To see the most positive energetic person I knew in such a state was so heartbreaking.

Hours went by. I tried to comfort Lena, and it kind of worked. She stopped crying, but she still looked so traumatized. Every so often, some demons or parts of them would be transported through past us. Whenever they did, Lena would always cower in fear and start crying again. I overheard some guards talking about a 'doom hunter'. I had no idea what it could have been, but it didn't sound good.

(Y/n)'s point of view

Jack returned after about 10 minutes. We were both ready to go.

"One last time. We get in there, get anything of any use with these," he said handing me a transmitter thing. "We blow it up then leave."

"Got it." I replied as I followed Jack into the dropship.

The flight wasn't that long. Only about 30 minutes. Jack landed the ship and we got out.

"Base is about 500 meters that way." He said pointing into the forest. We walked in that direction, trying to stay as quiet as possible, which was a first for me. We came to an opening and saw the base.

"There it is. Remember, get in, get everything, get out and blow it up."

"Let's fucking have them."

I didn't really know who Talon were, but apparently they worked with the UAC which was enough to make me hate them.

We got into the base through the back door. It was meant to only be opened from the inside, but I just ripped it off. We walked down several corridors and went down a few sets of stairs, only encountering a few guards, before we came to a massive server room.

"This is it." Jack said pulling out his transmitter thing a sticking it onto the side of one of the servers. I did they same.

"Well well well." I turn to see the purple lady who Lena fought a couple days ago. "What a suprise it is to see you here, Jack."

I started walking round the edge of the room, trying to stay unnoticed.

"You have no idea what Talon are up to." Jack says to her, trying to keep her distracted long enough for me to get into a good spot. "Talon are working with the UAC to harness hell to wipe out the world. Yes it will change the world, but there will be no-one alive to see it."

"You are mistaken. Some will be sacrificed and will not see it. You will be one of them." She says pointing her rifle at Jack.

"Lucky for you, I'm not alone." Jack says looking across at me.

"Wha-" she says looking at me as I kick her as hard as I could in the stomach, sending her flying across the room.

"Jack you never told us how we're gonna blow this place up!"

"I was gonna blow the reactor of this place up, but it doesn't have one."

"I can overload the systems to the building with argent energy." Vega says to us. "All you will need to do is keep me in range of the building.

As soon as he said that, red sparks started flying out of the servers and the lights started flickering.

"I think that's our queue." Jack says looking at me.

We ran back up the stairs taking out anyone who got in our way and trying our best to dodge the electrical explosions. We got out of the building the same way we came in.

"Overload at 96%. Detonation in T-7 seconds."

With that me and Jack ran as far away from the building as we could. As it exploded, it knocked us over from the shockwave but didn't hurt us. We looked back at the massive red explosion and what used to be a Talon base.

"So what now?" I asked Jack.

"Now we go get that son of a bitch hell priest and get back Lena and Angela." With that we walked back to the ship and headed on back to base. We got back to base with well over 3 hours left until we were going to leave for the big mission.