Chapter 42 - Well Cure

Lena pov

(Y/n) left yesterday. Angela told me to stay at her place for the night, so I did. It already felt different sleeping without him. I didn't feel safe without him, yet I was too tired not to sleep.

I woke up to see Angela sitting at a table with a microscope out.

"Morning Angie." I said, causing her to look up.

"Morning Lena." She said as she walked over to me. "How are you feeling this morning?"

"I feel fine. Thanks for yesterday."

"Oh, I'm just doing my job."

I sighed and smiled, remembering what happened last night.

"Have you found out what that thing was?" I asked.

"No, I'm not sure what it is. Hopefully it isn't too powerful, because you need (y/n) and so do the rest of us."

"Yeah hopefully you're right."

Angela made me a cup of tea while I was in bed. Even though I felt fine, she wanted to make sure I was ok because (y/n)'s shotgun sure isn't weak.

After a while in bed watching TV, I got bored and decided to get out of bed.

"Careful Lena, your wounds might still be healing."

"I'll be fine." I said as I walked over to the table she was sat on. I sat down on the chair opposite her and put my head in my hands and sighed. "Do the others know what happened?"

"No. Should we go tell them?"

"We probably better had, else Jack might set us stuff to do, without realising that we're not in any position to fight."

"Yeah. Let's head out then." Angela said as she packed away her microscope, put the sample in her bag and went to call an overwatch drop ship.

"Angie, I can just open a portal, remember?"

"Oh yes, I forgot about that."

As I said that, my part of Vega opened a portal for us to go to Jack's base, which was actually the base of the deadlock gang, but hey.

We stepped through and into the corridor outside Jack's office. Mccree was standing there, smoking a cigar. He looked up at us and flicked his cigar to the floor.

"Howdy ladies. What brings you here at this time?" He asked.

"It's, it's about (y/n)." I said. "I'll tell you after."

Mccree nodded and looked back at the floor. Me and Angela knocked on Jack's door.

"Come in." He said. We walked in and sat down on the desk opposite him.

"Hello Jack." Angela said.

"What brings you two here? It better be important."

"It is sir." I said, trying to sound serious for once. As soon as Jack realised I was being serious, he too became focussed.

"Go on." He said as he leaned back in his chair.

"It's about (y/n). When me and him were securing the plutonium, you know widowmaker showed up?"

"Yes, what about her?"

"Well, she fired a dart of some kind at (y/n), something called like a truth serum. (Y/n) had a nightmare that night. I woke up to see him tracking something around the room with his shotgun, fear in his eyes. He then looked at me and shot. Apparently he was seeing some like shadow that was saying how he'd fail to protect me and that I'd die."