Chapter 46 - Slayer

I'd just left the overwatch base. I wouldn't be able to go back there unless something really dire happened and they needed me or if Lena needed help. No matter what the world governments would do to me, if Lena needed my help, there would be nothing they could do to stop me.

I went to my demon prison and went into the training ground to pass some time. Several demons spawned, the biggest threats being a doom hunter and a baron. Instead of going straight for them though, I went for the easier to kill demons, my first target being the revenant.

He fired some rockets at me and started flying. I dashed past the rockets and grappled up behind him. I blasted a shotgun round into him, destroying both of his rocket launchers. We hit the ground together and he turned around to wack me. I caught his arm and ripped it off with ease before ramming it through his skull.

Using mainly my super shotgun and rocket launcher, I took out the remaining threat level 3s and below like they were fodder. I then turned my attention towards the baron. He threw a fireball at me and it hit. It left a big graze in my arm and kinda hurt, although I didn't have time to stop. I ran at him and started blasting shotgun and ballista rounds into him while dodging all of his attacks. Eventually, his armour broke. I grappled and punched his face in as hard as I could. He fell to the floor with me on top of him. I got my blade out and cut his throat in 2. He tried to cover the wound but died seconds later.

I'd actually gotten quite lucky against the doom hunter so far. He hadn't actually hit any rockets on me yet which was cool. Unlike him however, I did hit rockets. I spammed rocket bursts at him until his chassis broke. When it did, I pulled my chaingun out and started ripping through his body. In a matter of seconds, his body turned into a fine red vapour.

The exit portal opened and I walked through it. As I landed on the exit platform, I saw Hayden standing there.

"Oh, hello Hayden." I said.

"The crucible is complete." Hayden said as he held out the crucible. "Have you told her yet?"

"No I haven't. She got captured and Talon injected something into her causing her to go through immense pain and see things sporadically. Once she's been cured, I'm gonna tell her."

"Very well. Also, why are you up here at this point in time?"

"Overwatch were going to go to prison since they were illegal and they had no proof that I worked with them. The UN guards refused to let me go to the UN meeting so I had to kill them to get to overwatch. The UN council decided that overwatch were to be made legal again but I should be punished for what I did. They allowed me 24 hours to do what I needed to do before making me the most wanted man on earth."

"Well then. It appears that saving billions of lives isn't enough to make you above the law."

"Apparently not."

"I'll see what I can do." Hayden said as he started walking off.

"What?"

"I'm still head of the ARC and UAC. They know that I tried to stop the demonic invasion and did everything I could. The ARC did the 3rd most to stop the demons, after the rest of overwatch and then you. I'll try to abuse my power once again to make you less wanted."

"Thanks Hayden."

We walked off. I went down to my room and turned my computer on. I opened everything up since my computer was way more than capable of doing so. After about 30 seconds, I got a video call from Lena on Instagram. I immediately picked up.

"Hiya luv." Lena said through the mic, being cheery and happy.

"Hello Lena." I replied, giving her my attempt at her 2 finger salute. Lena giggled at that. "How's it going down there?"