Chapter 15 - Cultist base (part 2)

I pulled shotgun out as the doom hunter aimed it's laser rifle right at me. It fired at me but I was able to dodge it. I ran round him and shot a few rounds into his chassis. All of my rounds however were eaten by a shield.

"(Y/n)," Vega said to me as I was dodging the doom hunter's missiles, "This demon has a UAC style plasma shield. Your plasma rifle should be able to overload it."

As he said that, a micro rocket hit me in the shoulder. I could definitely feel it, but it was insignificant damage. I pulled my plasma rifle out and started unloading into the hunter. It's shield slowly started turning from blue to red and eventually, exploded. As soon as it blew up, a got my heavy assault rifle out and unloaded a salvo of micro-missiles into it. This destroyed half of it's chassis, although it was still functional. He dashed up to me and started swinging at me with its chainsaws. I only dodged it because Reinhardt threw a firestrike at it, knocking it backwards and dazing it briefly. I used my window of opportunity to unload more micro-missiles into it's chassis. These missiles blew up the other part of the chassis, causing the demon to disconnect from the chassis and start fighting without it. He swung at me with his chainsaws but missed. I fired a few shotgun rounds at the back of its head, causing it to fall onto the floor. I pulled my arm mounted blade out and rammed it through the back of its head. My blade pierced right through its head, killing it. With that I stood up and looked around at the other agents. All the other demons were dead and Everyone seemed to be intact and in good shape.

"Now then." Jack said causing everyone to look at him. "Let's continue."

As he said that, he walked over to the door which was between us and the prison and placed one of Torbjörn's contraptions on it. The contraption started cutting the door in two.

Lena pov.

I couldn't stop crying. I never knew what having PTSD or a trauma was like, but it was horrible. Every time a demon would walk past, it would remind me of that thing in the training ground. That fat, horrible demon. (Y/n) spent years in hell with them. I can see why he wants to kill them all. I do as well, but I'm no match for them in the slightest. I can deal with Talon agents, but those demons, I never stood a chance. The last time I felt helpless was in the slipstream malfunction. I hated that with all my heart, but that wasn't trying to actively kill me, and there was a solution which fixed it completely, unlike these demons. For as long as this demonic invasion continues, this could happen again and again, and I couldn't bare to think about it.

I was so glad Angela was there. She was able to calm me down and she did all the talking to the guards for me. I'm so sorry that I had to put her through it though.

"Oi you two." One of the guards said to us. "We're being attacked. Priest wants you two to be moved to a more secure containment." As he said that he opened our cell door and signalled us to move out.

We heard lots of gunfire and explosions down one way. The blast door was shut, which made me think that something big was going on. I hoped it was an overwatch rescue operation. I was looking down at the floor, trying to avoid eye contact with everything, but I heard some really loud footsteps and felt the ground shake. I look up and see one of those horrible things walking past us. It looks down at me menacingly. I felt so insignificant compared to it. I didn't want to but I burst into tears as it continued walking.

"Hey hey Lena," Angela said putting her arm around me, comforting me, "It's not gonna hurt you, ok?"

I looked up at Angela and then to the guard who had his gun pointing at us.

"Oh he will hurt you alright if you don't get a move on."

I buried my head into Angela's shoulder, but continued walking. Eventually we came to an elevator and went down it.