Chapter 37 - A Day Out - Shopping (cont)

After me and Lena made out again, we put the shirts which I didn't like back on the hangers and put the ones we did like in the shopping basket which Lena had grabbed. As we stepped out of the cubicle, some people looked at us but immediately turned away from us. Neither of us felt embarrassed by any of it which was good, although Lena did go a little red.

We hung back up the shirts I didn't like then went to the checkout and payed.

"That'll be £31.96 please." The cashier said. Lena pulled her card out and swiped it on the machine. The machine beeped and a green light lit up. Lena put her card away before putting the 4 shirts we'd just bought in a bag.

"Thanks luv." Lena said as she picked the bag up."

"Thank you for shopping at pheasants." The cashier said as they waved at us.

We walked out of pheasants and Lena turned to look at me.

"We've gotta get some food before we go." Lena said as she walked towards a shop called Waitfell. "We can shop online to get the rest of it."

We walked into Waitfell together. Lena grabbed a shopping cart and hung the bag of shirts on a small handle on the trolley.

We started walking down the first aisle together. It seemed like it was a bread and pastry aisle. Lena walked over to the white bread and grabbed 2 loaves of it and put them into the cart. She also grabbed a pack of scones and crumpets.

"Stereotypical Brit I see." I said as I picked up the scones and crumpets.

"Proud to be." Lena replied as she striked a pose by putting her hands on her hips, before breaking down into laughter.

"Come on luv." She managed to say as she started pushing the trolley away, still slightly giggling.

We walked into the second aisle. This one appeared to be fruit and vegetables.

"Want anything in particular?" Lena asked.

"I don't know what any of this tastes like, other than those blueberries." I said as I pointed at the blueberries.

"How'd you know what blueberries taste like?" Lena asked as she picked up a box of them.

"I may have taken a few from your pancakes last time you had them." I said as I jokingly put my hands up.

"Hey, you theif." Lena said as she playfully hit my arm. I pretended like she'd really hurt me in doing so. I clasped my arm and started screwing my eyes up as I pulled my arm even more. "Oh my god, are you ok?" Lena asked as she rushed over to me.

I started laughing at her. "Yes love, I'm fine. I really got you there, didn't I?" I looked up to see her looking playfully annoyed at me.

"Not funny" she sarcastically said as she playfully hit my arm again.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't not do it." I said as I stopped laughing. She smiled and put the blueberries into the trolley as we kept walking on through the aisle. We didn't take anything else from the fruit aisle other than a bag of apples.

The next aisle was the cold dairy aisle.

"Brrr, it's cold in here." Lena said as she hugged me. I put one of my arms around her and pushed the trolley with the other.

"Come on Lena, you're wearing that thick hoodie and those tracksuit bottoms, there's no way you can be cold."

"I'm a small person, I lose heat really quickly, unlike you. You're a big guy who loses heat slower because of it."

"Fair enough. What do we need from this aisle?" I asked.

"Oh, just a lump of cheese and some milk."