Chapter 50 - Ill Advent

(y/n) pov

I woke up, still holding Lena. She felt hot, which I didn't think was good. She felt really hot actually. I sat up in bed and started fussing her head, hoping to gently wake her up. Luckily, I did infact wake her up doing so.

"Mmmeegh." She grumbled as she stretched. She slowly sat up and looked at me.

"How are you feeling this morning?" I asked. "You felt like, really hot and I was wondering if you're feeling ok."

"Luv, I think I shoulda listened to Angie." She said as she laid back down. She coughed a few times before looking up at me.

"Is there anything I could get for you?" I asked.

*Cough* "Yes please luv. On top of the cabinet downstairs there's a box of paracetamol and one of ibuprofen. Could you bring both up please." She said with sporadic coughs.

"Anything else?" I added.

"Uh, a cup a tea would be a killer luv."

"Right away." I said. One annoying thing about being a slayer is that although you can't die to infections, you still suffer the negative effects of them.

I went downstairs and grabbed the paracetamol and ibuprofen. I put them on the sideboard as I grabbed a cup out from underneath. The sugar, milk and teabags were all where they usually are, so I put them into a cup. The water had started to boil as I finished putting them in the cup. Once it had completely boiled, I poured it in and stirred it all together before picking the 2 different tablet boxes and the cup up and heading back upstairs. As I got into the bedroom, I saw Lena sitting up with several pillows propping her up.

"Thanks luv." She said as I handed her the cup and the boxes. She put the cup down and opened the paracetamol box. She took a tablet out and put it in her mouth, before swallowing it with a sip of water. She grabbed the cup of tea and took a few swigs, before turning to me.

"Should we tell Angie that I'm ill?" She said.

"Probably best to." I replied. She nodded at me. "Vega, call Angela for Lena."

"Right away, calling Angela for Lena."

The dialing icon appeared and after a second, we could see Angela's face appear on a hologram Infront of us.

"Hello Lena, hello (y/n)." Angela said.

"Hiya Angie, we're just calling to say that I'm ill." Lena said with a cough.

"Ok, do you want anything? Aspirin? Ibuprofen?"

"No, we're just calling to notify you that I am ill so I won't be able to fight for a few days."

"Ok. Thank you for letting me know. Hope you get better soon. Bye."

"Bye Angie!" Lena said. Angela hung up. As soon as she did, Lena started coughing a lot. I sat down next to her and rubbed her back. This seemed to sooth her a little.

"Thanks luv." She said with a smile. Me and Lena stared into each others eyes for a second before Vega had to interrupt.

"Would you like me to notify Jack about Lena's condition?"

"Sure. He needs to know." I said. Lena smiled at me.

"At least we get time off." She said.

"Yeah, at least you do." I replied.

"Well, you had time off when you were banned from earth."

I sighed at that. I hadn't actually have time off earth. Shit was going down in hell. The UAC and Talon had struck a deal with the archdemon Erebus to resurrect doomfist as a demonic slayer. I'd gone there to stop the ritual. I could never stop it forever, but I could delay it for a hell of a long time. Once doomfist has been resurrected though, the only chance we have of winning against them is if I seal myself in hell with them for eternity.