Chapter 25 - Recovery

I was going to stay in the med bay all day and Nobody could tell me otherwise. I promised I would protect Lena and I would do just that. No matter how bored I got, I would stay there all day.

"How's Lena doing this morning?" I said after Angela gave her a quick look over.

"She's starting to recover. Because of her chronal accelerator, her body repairs substantially quicker than normal. Her skin is starting to heal and should be finished healing by tomorrow, and her lungs should be fine by later today. Thanks to her goggles, her eyes are fine. If she wants, we could probably take the oxygen mask off her in a bit. We'll just have to make sure that this room is well ventilated."

"Ok then. I'm staying here until she's better. After what happened last time I left her I'm the med bay by herself, I don't think I could forgive myself if something happened to her again."

"Ok." As Angela said that, she walked to her desk and started doing something on her computer.

I was sat there for an hour or two with just my thoughts. I don't know why but I was having really weird memories of commander Valen. He was the reason why my people died. He lost his son in battle and made a deal with a hell priest in order to resurrect his son, in return for the key to the wraiths. Valen accepted. He gave over the wraiths in return for his son, but his son wasn't the same. His son was resurrected as the icon of sin.

"(Y/n)?"

I looked up to see Angela standing next to me, trying to get my attention. How long she was stood there I didn't know.

"Yes Angela?"

"I'm going to the cafeteria to get some food. Do you want anything?"

"Na I'm good."

"Ok."

With that she walked out of the med bay to go and get some food.

I began thinking about the icon of sin. Again. It was prophesized that I would fight him, but I didn't know when.

"Morning love."

I looked to my right to see that Lena had woken up and sat up. She'd taken the mask off as well so she could speak.

"Morning Lena." I said as I walked over to her. "How are you feeling today?" I asked her as I crouched down to her level.

"I'm feeling much better then yesterday. How about you?"

"I'm fine, don't worry about me."

I kissed her on the forehead and stood back up.

"(Y/n), how much did all of that hurt you.?"

I looked back at her and smiled.

"Not enough if it was meant to stop me from saving you."

She started smiling. "How did you jump off the building and still be able to walk after?"

"I wasn't able to walk after. If it wasn't for the fact that you were there and you needed help, I wouldn't have been able to walk. My body was killing me, telling me to stop with every step I took, but I couldn't stop until I knew you were safe."

She smiled a loving smile at me.

"Come here (y/n)." She said as she signalled me to come to her. I knelt down next to her. She pulled my head into hers and kissed me on the lips. I melted into the kiss with her as well.

Just then Angela walked in. I stopped and looked at her. She just smiled and sat down on her seat. Lena sat up and turned to face her.

"Morning Angela." Lena said.