Chapter 49 - Back on Earth

Lena pov

I woke up to hear people talking around me. I couldn't tell who though because I was still half asleep and face down in the bed.

After a second, I'd gotten bored of not being able to hear them so I turned around and sat up.

"Ah, Lena, you're awake." Angela said as she walked over to me. "Don't try to move too much, you're wound is still healing."

I nodded and painfully sat up. Once I had though, the pain disappeared.

Jack and Genji were in the room as well. They were talking to eachother. When they noticed that Angela was talking to me and that I was awake, they stopped talking and turned their attention to me.

"How are you feeling today Lena?" Genji asked as he walked up to me.

"Oh I'm fine luv, I mean, it hurts a bit but other than that it's fine."

"Well that's good to hear." Jack said as he walked over as well. Genji waved and left the room as Jack and Angela stood next to the bed.

"Uh, is everything alright luvs?" I asked.

"Yeah, I just want to ask a few questions." Jack said as he sat down on the chair next to the bed.

"Go on luv."

"Firstly, the camera footage which Hayden showed of you, him and (y/n), that wasn't earth, so where was it?"

I thought about if I could tell him or not and decided I could if I didn't mention the divinity machine.

"Oh, that was (y/n)'s old home town."

"Which is where?" Jack asked as he leant forwards in his chair.

"Um, Argent D'Nur, Why'd you ask?"

"Ok. I was wondering what happened to you since you and (y/n) moved to Kings Row together because, no offence, before you did you were scared to shit of the demons and if you got hit by a bullet, you almost always got taken down, but yesterday you took a 50. Cal sniper round and still kept going. What happened to you?"

I didn't know if I could fully answer that. I could mention my praetor chronal accelerator, but not the divinity machine.

"I, um, Vega upgraded my chronal accelerator. Before it used to need recharging every so often and didn't really do much else, but Vega and Hayden designed a new one with Hayden's praetor equipment and a Tether in it. The praetor allows it to pick up and collect argent energy and use it when necessary. Yesterday I didn't get hit by anything until the sniper round. Because of the argent (y/n)'s been giving me through various means, it took most of the round and completely nullified the pain afterwards, until it realised I was safe and it cut off."

Jack nodded and seemed happy with my reply.

"What were (y/n)'s means of giving you argent?"

"There were quite a few. Me and him have done quite a bit of training and practice in his demon prison, um, he rigged an argent cell up to his mainframe and let it give me however much I could take, and, I, this might not have done anything but, me and (y/n), you know, we-"

"Yeah yeah, I know."

"We used protection." I blurted out.

"Good. With (y/n) unavailable at the moment, we need every member to fight, but I can't allow you to do so if you're pregnant."

I nodded at him as he stood up.

"Do you know how Hayden's getting on?" I asked.

"Why what's he doing?"