Chapter 45 - Check Up

I woke up to hear Lena crying next to me. I stood up and walked over to her.

"Lena, everything's ok. There's no need to cry, I'm here." I said. Lena turned to me, still crying.

"(Y/n), I, I saw something." She stuttered while still crying. "Please h-help me."

"Come here Lena." I said as I picked her up. I started cradling her in my arms and rubbing her head. "Everything's ok, you're safe." I whispered to her. "You can go to sleep, I'll be here for you."

Lena looked up at me and smiled that cute little smile of hers before closing her eyes. Within a minute, she was asleep again. I stayed awake with her in my arms for the rest of the night, thinking about what had just happened and what will happen. Although it pained me to do so, I knew I wouldn't be able to help overwatch in any way and I would have to stay at Lena's house or off world all the time.

The time quite quickly passed and eventually I saw the sun come up. About an hour after it did, Angela walked into the lab.

"Hello (y/n). How is she doing today?" Angela asked as she walked over to us.

"She's doing ok, although I woke up to hear her crying. She said she saw something, although I didn't ask what she saw. I picked her up and held her like this and have been doing so since then cause she said she felt protected like this."

"Ok. About the things she saw, could you ask her what she saw when she wakes up?"

"Yeah sure." I looked down at Lena. She was still asleep. I know that everybody is probably bored to death of me saying this by now but I don't care what you think Lena looks so god damn cute asleep.

"Did you patch up her other wounds?" I asked.

"We did what we could. We removed the bullet from her shoulder and patched it up, we cleaned and stitched the stab wound and we bandaged over the burn and punches."

"Ok. Thank you for doing that."

"I'm just doing my job."

I looked back down at Lena as Angela walked off to the table. She pulled something out of a drawer and put it under a microscope and started inspecting it. After about half an hour, Winston arrived.

"Hello Angela, hello (y/n)." Winston said as he entered. He walked over to me and looked down at Lena. "How is she doing?" Winston asked.

"She's doing ok. She said she saw something last night, but that might be like what I saw. Other than that, once I'd picked her up and held her like this, she fell asleep again."

"Ok. I'll get to work on analysing her blood to see what was causing her to go through the immense pain and to see things."

"Yeah, thanks a lot."

"No problem (y/n)."

I sat there with Lena still in my arms for a while. Eventually though, she woke up.

"Morning Lena." I said as she stretched.

"Morning luv." She said. She slowly opened her eyes but immediately shut them and screamed.

"Lena, what happened?" I asked her.

"(Y/n), th-the, the shadows. They're b-b back." She said as she burried her head into my chest.

"Lena," Angela said as she walked over to us. "If you could, please open your eyes and describe to us what they look like. It would help me and Winston make a cure faster."

Lena unburried her head from my chest and slowly opened her eyes again. She opened her eyes and looked at the wall.

"What do you see?" Angela asked.