Chapter 5 - New Friends.

After God knows how long, you wake up to hear a knock on your door. You walk up to the door and open it. There's an angel standing there?

"Hello , (y/n). I am Dr. Ziegler, but you can call me Angela. I'm the head Doctor here in Overwatch. Whenever we get a new recruit in Overwatch, i always like to do a quick check up on their health, if that's alright."

You look at the angel and nod, signaling her to come in. You shut the door behind her and go sit back down on the couch. She stands there with a clipboard and a pen, presumably to right down any observations she makes.

"So to start off with, (y/n), i can see loads of scars on your face and arms. I heard that you've been around for millions of years, but do any of them still hurt?"

You shake your head to that. All the scars you have were from battles millennia ago. You couldn't remember the last time you fought something which actually left a mark on you. It was probably the titan, but you couldn't remember.

"Okay. So, (y/n), I also heard from Lena that you want to kill all the demons, and won't stop until they're all dead. Is that true?"

"Yes. I must kill them all, until the end of time. They've taken so much from me, and i won't let them take any more."

The angel nods and writes something down on the clipboard, you couldn't see what though, because she was facing you.

"(y/n), I recommend some PTSD therapy for you. It seems like you have what could only be described as an 'un-quenched hatred' for demons. PTSD therapy would help you to come to terms with that and maybe help you live a bit happier.

((a/n) i don't know if that would actually work. I'm just putting it in to make it sound like I know what Mercy's talking about.)

You look at her and just shrug a little, not really caring what PTSD therapy is, because as far as you're concerned, having a pure hatred for demons is normal.

"If you want to find me, my room is down the corridor to the right. It's the one with the Swiss flag on it. I'll either be there, or in the med-bay, which is back in the entrance with a big sign next to it. So anyway, goodbye (y/n)"

You give her a little wave, but don't get off the couch. About 15 minutes go by before you hear another knock on the door. You open the door and Lena's standing there in some blue shorts and a big hoodie. She's wearing glasses as well, whether they were prescription or not you didn't know, but you thought she looked cute in them.

"Hiya there (y/n)," she says with a big grin on her face. "It's lunch time. Come on and follow me." She says with a giggle, while pulling your arm, but failing to move you. You chuckle slightly at her attempt to move you but start walking next to her anyway. She's so full of energy, which is a change of pace for being around you. Most people you find are like scared to shit or practically dead, but Lena, she's bouncing all over the place while asking you questions about anything and everything, a sight which makes you believe that maybe she's different.

As you get into the cafeteria, she says something to you which makes you laugh a little.

"That's Reinhardt over there." she says pointing a man who makes everyone near him look small.  "He wants to challenge you to an arm wrestle."

"Is he not scared? Most people i meet who are still alive are scared to shit of me"

"Na he's not scared. He's just big ol' Reinhardt."

You grab a tray and get some (favourite food and drink). You go to go sit down in the corner away from everyone else but Lena convinces you to go sit with her next to Reinhardt.

"Ha Ha. Welcome (y/n)," the massive German says in a booming voice, which everyone could hear. "Welcome to Overwatch my friend."

"Reinhardt, you wanted to arm wrestle (y/n), didn't you?" Lena says with a little giggle as she looks at you.

"Aha yes. (y/n)," Reinhardt says slamming his elbow on the table ready for an arm wrestle, "Let's have an arm wrestle." 

You put your elbow on the table and grab on to Reinhardt's hand. Lena holds both your hands in the middle and begins to count down.

"3....2....1.... WRESTLE" she yells. In an instant you feel Reinhardt putting his entire force through his arm. You were definitely not expecting him to be that strong. He put up more of a fight than you were expecting, but he still lost quite quickly.

"Ah, my friend, I must now hand over my title of arm wrestling champion." Reinhardt says, congratulating you. He stands up and in his booming voice, exclaims "Ladies and Gentlemen, i present to you, the new Overwatch arm wrestling champion!" You stand up and everyone starts applauding. This was a new feeling for you. You could never remember being congratulated for anything. You could only remember being told you weren't good enough and being blamed for everything.

After you finish eating, you and Lena walk back to the dorms. She asks if she can come into yours. You accept since there's nothing else to do at the moment and you find her kinda cute.