Chapter 52 - New Year

Me and Lena had been in the Christmas spirit for quite a while after Christmas had past. We'd caught up on what everybody else did and got and just generally had a good time. Sadly however, I knew that I couldn't do it for much longer. Erebus was beginning the ritual once again, this time for good. I knew that some point soon I'd have to go down there and stay there for a hell of a long time. I wanted to do anything but that, but I knew I couldn't. Regardless of what happened, I would still be able to see Lena again though, be it in hell or on earth, by killing Erebus of not. It did give me some hope. I wasn't strong enough to kill Erebus yet, but after a few billion years back in hell, I'd be back up to my peak strength and I would be able to take him down, just, maybe not quick enough to see all of my friends. There was another way for me to do so however, although I had no way of doing so. Since I'd destroyed the well, I could free the wraiths and take away all of Hell's energy, thus starving Erebus of all power, but I had no way to do that.

Overwatch had decided to hold a big new year's party, and of course me and Lena were going. I'd decided that it would be a good time to say goodbye to everybody and tell them what is happening. It would also be a good time for me to reveal that Lena is a slayer. I did however, plan to not do it until the end of the party, since it is still meant to be a happy time.

I told Jack that I wanted every overwatch member to hear what I had to say at the end and told him that it is incredibly important. He agreed and allowed me to give a speech at the end.

Timeskip to party

Me and Lena arrived at the party. It was at Reinhardt's house, since it had a massive garden in it and plenty of space. We'd hired a DJ called Lucio, who apparently wanted to join overwatch as well.

When we got to the party, there was no music yet since there weren't too many people. It was only me, Lena, Reinhardt, Lucio, Jack and Angela. As soon as we got there, Lucio skates over to us and welcome us.

"Aw man look who it is. The slayer himself with the one and only Lena Oxton. Come on in and join the fun!" He said, causing Lena to giggle. We walked in together and joined Angela and Reinhardt.

"Ah my friends, welcome." The big German said.

"Hello luv." Lena said as she blinked up to him and gave him a big hug, because that's what Lena does. "This is gonna be a killer party."

"Yes it will be." Reinhardt said. Me and Angela were just smiling. It was nice to see Lena be so happy, especially because I'd not told her that I'd be going. It did suddenly occur to me that I should probably tell her.

"Lena, could I just say something to you." I said as I tapped her on the shoulder.

"Sure thing luv." She replied as she walked over to me.

"In private." I replied. Lena looked slightly concerned but still obliged. We walked over to the edge of the garden and stopped. I looked Lena in the eyes before beginning.

"Lena, I should have told you this earlier but, I have to go after this."

"Go where?" She asked. I didn't want to be subtle and leave her hanging, so I just told her flat.

"I've got to go back to hell after this party, for good. Erebus is starting the ritual, and I can't let him complete it. If I don't go back down to hell soon then everybody will die. I'm not strong enough to take him on on earth, but in hell I can keep him at bay for long enough."

Lena started crying and hugged me.

"H-how long will you be gone for?" She asked.

"I, I don't know. For you it might be a week, a year, it might be aeons, I just don't know. While I'm gone though, you must continue our legacy on earth, bringing peace throughout. Don't worry, Vega and Hayden are still gonna be here to help, so you won't be alone."