Chapter 54 - Proving

I ran out of the room and straight to Jack's office. Genji and Angela were just in the corridor as I left the room.

"Lena, what's going on?" Angela said. I turned to face them as they saw my blood red eyes. They both stepped back and let me get on my way.

I ran as fast as I could to Jack's office, blinking past everyone who got in the way. Even though Jack's office was up several flights of stairs and at the other end of the complex, I got there in a matter of seconds. As I did, I threw open his door and stepped in.

"Woah, Lena what's going on?" Jack said as I stepped in.

"(Y/n) sir, he's dead."

Jack sat still for a second, speechless.

"Oh, oh my god, how, what? There's no way he's dead, right?"

"He, he's gone." I said as tears started to form in my eyes. I immediately regained composure and looked back at him. "What missions do you have?"

"There's no way I-"

"What missions do you have!?" I shouted as I slammed the table making Jack flinch a bit.

"Lena, you've just lost the most important person in your life, there's no way I can let you fight."

I chuckled a little before turning back to him and smashing his table into the floor.

"I'll ask one final time before I get angry, what missions do you have?"

Jack stood up out of shock before picking his laptop up off the floor.

"Um, there's a few. One in Cairo of a large scale bank robbery, another in Detroit about a hostage situation in a hotel and another of a massive argent surge in Busan."

"Upload the one in Busan to Vega. I'm heading there."

"By yourself? You need a team. It'll not take long for a team to be set up. Just a couple of minutes." I walked over to Jack and looked straight into his eyes. "Ok. I'll upload them now."

I turned around and walked away from him and out of the room. A small crowd had gathered together, all of whom had their eyes glued on me as I walked out. Angela stood Infront of me and stopped me.

"Lena, what happened?" She asked. I pushed her aside as Vega opened the portal for me. Vega had tethered all of my suit and weapons onto me by now so I didn't need to go back and prepare. Angela tried to stop me from walking through the portal. She put her hand on my shoulder and pulled me round.

"Lena?" She said. I looked her dead in the eyes with my glowing red eyes. She took her hand off of me and stepped back. My holy symbol lit up on my forearm and it was in a place where she could see it. I pulled my crucible out and extended the blade, getting a small gasp from the crowd. I looked at my blade then back at the portal, before I retracted the blade and ran through the portal.

As soon as I landed, I heard sirens going off in the distance. I looked in their direction to see a red glow coming from somewhere.

"A large gore nest has opened up in the town centre." Vega said to me. "I detect the life forms of several threat level 3s, 2 barons and a tyrant. I pulled out my newest addition to my arsenal, the modified super shotgun which Hayden had made. It was similar to (y/n)'s shotgun other than the fact that it was slightly smaller, but had a 'forcewave' as Hayden called it, which allowed me to grapple in, fire and knock myself away from the target. I could also use it to do like a super jump. If this gun was my old pulse pistols, Mccree's sixshooter would be a peashooter.

I ran and blinked across the rooftops until I got to the gore nest. I could see several police officers fighting off the demons, but they didn't stand a chance. I loaded my super shotgun and jumped down Infront of them. I looked up to see a hell Knight and a revenant. The hell knights jumped at me but I blinked out of the way before grapple shotgun forcewaved it. He stumbled forward a bit. I fired another round into his back as I blinked over and grabbed his neck, before ramming my blade straight through his neck. I jumped off and blinked past the revenant rockets before sprinting full speed at him. He fired some more rockets which I dodged, before I blinked behind him and ripped his rocket launchers off. He went to grab me but my blade cut his arms clean in half. He stumbled and fell onto his front. I forcewaved up into the air and landed directly on his head, putting all my force through it, killing him.