Chapter 17 - Trauma

Lena's pov

Me and (y/n) hugged for a long time, but I didn't feel like it was long enough. I wanted to hug him forever, but I knew I couldn't. After we finished cuddling, neither of us knew what to do. We ended up just watching TV. (Y/n) sat sideways on the couch, leaning against the arm and I laid on him. I showed (y/n) some shows which I really enjoyed. We ended up watching TV for a few hours, while intermittently cuddling. I had completely forgotten what had happened just a few days ago. That was, for a while at least. Something reminded me of it. (Y/n)'s room had a good view of the outside, and I could see outside from where I was. I saw some red flashes in the distance but thought nothing of it. They kept going for a while and I was starting to get concerned.

"(Y/n), what's that?" I said pointing out the window at the red flashes. (Y/n) got up and went to the window to get a better look.

"Shit shit shit." He replied running into the bedroom. I followed, not wanting to leave him.

"What is it?" I said genuinely concerned by this point.

"It's a gore nest, but on a much bigger scale. There was one in the training ground when you know, it happened, but this one is much bigger, like a super gore nest."

I looked at (y/n) in shock as he said this. He was already putting his suit on.

"What should I do?" I asked wanting to help.

"Go tell everyone. This is gonna be a big task. I'm gonna need some help."

I nodded and ran out of the door to go find soldier 76. I blinked as fast as I could up to his office. As I opened the door, I saw a few small dead demons on the floor and Jack with some blood stains on his once blue leather jacket.

"Yeah, I know." He said in a raspy tone. "Get on the PA. Tell everyone what's going on and to meet fully equipped down in the lobby."

I did as he said. I ran over to the PA and turned it onto 'Whole building' setting.

"All overwatch agents, a super gore nest has spawned near the overwatch base. Report to the lobby fully equipped ASAP."

I turned the PA off and looked at Jack. Another one of those tiny demons had walked in, but Jack seemed to be able to put it down with ease.

"What should I do?" I asked, not knowing what to do or where to go.

"I don't know, but whatever you do, stay safe. If necessary, SOS (y/n). He should get a signal of where you are."

With that we both ran to the lobby. To no suprise quite a few agents were already here. What did suprise me however was that (y/n) wasn't here. I did notice that there was a big blue portal like looking thing in the corner of the room.

"Uh, what's that?" I said pointing to the blue thing in the corner.

"That's a portal which leads to (y/n)'s fortress." Jack replied. "That's a thing, ask (y/n) if you can go there. It's probably a hell of a lot safer there than out here."

Jack started walking over to the portal when (y/n) walked out with no helmet on and a rocket launcher in his hands.

"(Y/n), can Lena stay in your base since it's safer for her there."

He thought for a while before replying.

"It's up to you, Lena. I mean, do you want to be alone in there? There's a demon prison and training ground on the lower levels and there's like nothing there. Plus I'd have to leave the portal open from here because the Khan Maykr will know that you're there and will try to spawn something there. Choice is yours."