Chapter 48 - Los Muertos

Lena pov

I went through the portal which Vega had opened for me and landed in the overwatch/deadlock base. Mccree was standing against the wall. He noticed me and looked up.

"Heya Lena. How ya doing?" Mccree said.

"Oh I'm fine luv."

"Heard you got into some trouble with the police. How'd that go?"

"Oh, I got taken to court over 'harbouring a fugitive', got Hayden in as my lawyer and I was proved innocent."

"Good to hear." Mccree looked at the floor for a second. "It's quite the problem not being able to have (y/n) here, isn't it? I mean, he's the only one who can really kill demons."

Even though I really wanted to tell Mccree that I could, I knew I couldn't even though he probably wouldn't believe me. "Yeah, it's quite a problem."

"Anyway, what brings you here at this time?"

"Oh, I'm here to ask Jack about any missions to pass the time."

"Fair enough. I heard that there's a gang down in Dorado, Los Muertos, I think. They've been stirring up trouble for a while now. Ask Jack bout them."

"Will do. Anyway, see ya round luv."

"Yeah, see ya round."

I walked away from Mccree and towards Jack's office. I knocked on his door and waited.

"Who is it?" He shouted from inside.

"It's Lena."

"Come in, Lena."

I walked in to see Jack looking stressed.

"What do you want?" He asked, looking not happy that I was there.

"I want to go on some missions. Jesse said something about the Los Muertos gang causing trouble and I was wondering if I could go deal with them."

"By yourself, no chance."

Even though I could easily have done it now thanks to me being a slayer, I had to play along.

"What about with a team?" I said. Jack looked over at his computer. He clicked a few times before nodding his head

"Well, Genji, Angela and Mccree aren't busy currently, so I don't see why not. They're all here as well, go tell 'em bout it. You'll leave 8pm tonight, deal with them this evening and come home early tomorrow with the job done. Got it?"

"Yes sir." I said as I stood up. I saluted at him and walked out. Jesse was still standing against the wall, so I walked over and told him.

"Jesse, we've got a mission."

"Oh, what about?" He said as he looked up at me.

"I mentioned Los Muertos to Jack and he said that me, you, Angela and Genji will go deal with them. Be ready by 8 tonight for departure, take them out tonight and come home tomorrow morning. Got it?"

"Sure."

"Kay. See ya there luv." I said as I blinked off, leaving Jesse standing there.

I walked to the lab where I expected Angela to be and to no suprise, she was there.

"Hello Lena, how can I help you?" Angela said as she turned to face me.

"We've got a mission luv. Take out the Los Muertos gang in Dorado. We leave at 8 tonight, take care of them tonight and leave tomorrow morning. Any problems?"

"No, that sounds fine."

"Great. See you there luv." I blinked out the door but stepped back in after I realised I had no clue where Genji was. "Luv?" I said as I poked my head around the door. "Where's Genji?"