Chapter 39 - Fortress of Doom

Me and Lena cleaned ourselves up after we'd finished our fun. We walked downstairs and sat on the sofa together.

"So, what're we gonna do now luv?" She asked.

"I don't know Lena. What do you wanna do?"

She sat there for a minute, thinking about what she wanted to do.

"I know luv. I've been to your ship thing twice before, yet I've never really seen any of it. Why don't you show me around it?"

"Sure. If you wanna bring your weapons as well, maybe we can do some training while we're there as well."

"Sure thing luv." As Lena said that, she stood up and blinked upstairs. Before I'd even walked out of the living room, she was back Infront of me with her combat gear on and weapons out. "I'm ready luv."

"Jesus Christ you're quick. Let me just go get my stuff and I'll be through."

I walked upstairs into our bedroom and opened the wardrobe. Lena was watching me do everything.

"Lena, I can open the portal for you now if you want."

"Ok, if you want luv."

I told Vega to open the portal and he did so. Lena went through as I continued putting my suit on. Once I'd finished, I grabbed my crucible and super shotgun and stepped through myself.

As I stepped through, I saw Lena bouncing and blinking around the main room, looking at anything and everything. Once she'd realised I was there, she blinked over to me and smiled.

"So then. Let's go for a tour, shall we?" I said to her.

"Yeah!" She said as she smiled at me.

I walked out of the main room and went straight to the back of the ship where the unmaykr was being held. I didn't know how to unlock it, all I knew was that it was incredibly powerful.

"Woah, what's this?" Lena said blinking up to the unmaykr.

"That's the unmaykr." Samuel Hayden said as he walked around from behind it. "Created by the Maykr's with their divine intellect, it fires high powered argent laser beams. It's destructive potential, is staggering. Unfortunately, I am still finding out how we unlock it."

Lena pressed her hands up against the forcefield and smiled. "That's so cool." She said as she turned to me. "Why can't you use it yet?"

"Well, I can't just break this Maykr forcefield, it has to be unlocked, but we don't know how or by what."

Lena frowned slightly but immediately changed when she saw something. "What's that?" She said as she blinked over to a suit of armour, my original suit of armour.

I walked over to her and put my hand on her shoulder.

"Do you wanna know what that is?" I asked her.

"Yes yes yes, please." She said, full of excitement.

"Well, sit down then, cos it's a long story."

Lena sat down on the floor as I sat down next to her.

"Lena, that armour is my original armour, from all those aeons ago. I was sent to Mars as a punishment for assaulting my commander after he told me to fire on civilians. I was sent with other criminals to go and investigate an attack on a Mars base. I was given that suit and a shotgun as my weaponry. I was told to stay outside the compound and secure the area. I stayed there for hours, not getting any reply from my team inside. It got to the point when I had to go investigate. I stepped through the door to the base and was greeted by zombies and demons. I fought my way through them to try and find out what had happened. As I got further in, the demons started getting more powerful, but so did my armoury. At this point I was still just a normal human, just a regular human being. I fought my way through the base and to the end of it. I found a portal and stepped through it. It sent me back to earth, to me hometown which was being invaded by the demons. I went as fast as I could to my house to see if my wife, son and parents were ok, but I was too late. By the time I'd got there, they'd all died. I cried for so long, but eventually I stepped outside. I looked at my rabbit daisy and smiled. "At least I still have you" I said to myself. Just as I said that, a massive demon, one of those tyrants, destroyed the house opposite me. I ran at it and started killing him. Even though I was just a human, I still came out on top. I looked back at my house to see my rabbit daisy's head on a spike. Daisy was dead. That's what did it for me. These demons had taken everything from me, so I'd take everything from them. I fought my way through everything to get to the source of the invasion. Knowing I couldn't shut it from earth, I went through the portal and into hell, choosing the path of perpetual torment, just to make sure all demons would suffer. I lived off drinking demon blood, which filled me with even more rage. I killed anything and everything in hell, even a titan couldn't stand against me. One day though, I was sent through to Sentinel Prime. There I became a general to the Knights sentinels, before Valen betrayed us. All of the Knights sentinels were sent through to hell. We all fought to the last breath and all but me and Valen died, by that point I couldn't die though. A rouge angel, the seraphim, blessed me with the divinity machine and gave me strength beyond what anyone thought would be possible. It made all living creatures fear me for who I was, yet even though I was unkillable, that wasn't what I wanted. For so long I carried the burden of letting down my family and bringing the extinction of argent D'Nur, yet however much I wanted to just rid myself of it all, I couldn't. I knew that if I died, everyone in every realm would die. I kept fighting, putting myself through aeons of torment, just to keep hell at bay. I fought non stop for millennia, before eventually I was entombed by a dark lord. However much they wanted to kill me though, they couldn't. Nothing they did to me even left a scratch. All they could do was hope and pray that I didn't wake up, and I didn't, until Samuel Hayden woke me up. When hell started attacking the UAC Mars base without warning, he knew that I'd have to be awoken else millions would die, and so he did. He woke me up and let me ravage through the lands of hell once again. Even after thousands of years asleep, I was still filled with the same hatred towards demons, and luckily, I still was when I met you, else none of this would ever be happening."