Chapter 38 - A day off

Warning. There is a lemon in this chapter. Be advised.

I woke up still on the sofa with Lena on top of me. She'd curled up into a ball and had gotten a blanket from somewhere and put it over herself. I sat up a bit and started fussing her head. She sighed as I did so and looked so relaxed. This was the first time in a while that we'd had a break and not had to worry about having to do anything.

I looked over at the clock and saw that it was 10:35. It wasn't too late so I stayed on the sofa for a bit.

I was just about able to just reach the TV remote. I turned the TV on and started watching the news quietly. It was mainly showing what's happening to do with rebuilding the economy and infrastructure since the demonic invasion. Some places were doing better than others in rebuilding everything. Luckily, Kings Row didn't get attacked too much so most places were still intact. It was only a section down south which had been attacked, but the ARC were able to defend against them long enough for not too many people to die before I'd ended it.

I watched the news for a while before Lena started shuffling around on top of me. She stretched a bit before opening her eyes.

"Morning Lena." I said as I fussed her head."

"Mmph. Morning luv." She said as she threw the blanket off herself and stood up.

"Sleep well?" I asked.

"Of course luv, you were there, what else could I wish for?"

I smiled at her and stood up myself. She looked at the TV then back at me.

"What's gone on today?" She asked.

"Oh, it's just showing how the world's dealing with rebuilding everything still."

"Ok. Anything about us 2 luv?" She said as she walked over to me.

"They haven't said anything about us, yet." She smiled and kissed me on the cheek before walking off.

"I'm gonna go have a shower." Lena said as she took her hoodie off and put it in the washing machine. "I haven't had one in a few days."

"Ok. Want anything for breakfast once you've come out?"

"Ooh, I think I'll have some toast please."

"Coming right up."

Lena walked off upstairs as I walked into the kitchen. I heard the bathroom door shut and the shower click on as I got some bread out. I took 2 slices out and looked at the toaster, confused out of my mind.

"Vega, what the bloody hell is this thing?" I said as I picked the supposed toaster up.

"It is a toaster. You put bread into the slots at the top and push it down. Once the bread has been toasted, it'll pop up out of the toaster."

"Oh ok." I said as I tried to put both slices of bread into one slot.

"You need to put the slices of bread into different slots."

"Oh right. That makes sence" I said as I put the two pieces of bread into two different slots. I pressed the handle thing down and the bread got lowered into the toaster. Something inside the toaster started going red, slightly concerning me.

"Is that supposed to happen?" I asked Vega.

"Yes it is. The red comes from the heat which is toasting the bread."

"Oh ok. Why does a toaster have to be so confusing?"

Vega didn't answer that, probably because he agreed with me on them being overly confusing.