Chapter 43 - UN

3rd person pov

The overwatch members arrived at the UN headquarters. They were immediately greeted by guards.

"Hello, overwatch." A guard said. "You are here for a meeting with the council, aren't you."

"Yes we are." Jack said.

"Ok, all of you follow me and don't try anything."

The overwatch members were escorted through the UN headquarters, a building which Jack knew all to well. Ashe came with them, just because she wanted to join overwatch.

Eventually they got to a big meeting room. The guards opened the doors and let overwatch in.

"Greetings, overwatch." The UN leader said. "Please, take a seat, all of you."

The overwatch members all took seats, with Jack, Reinhardt and Sojourn in the middle because they were the 3 highest ranking members present.

"Overwatch, you know that you're an illegal organisation, right?"

"Yes we do," Jack said. "But you can't deny that without us, you'd all be dead."

"Well I can deny that, because you have no proof of the doom slayer being with you."

"Even then, after the invasion, we were the ones who started helping people and stopping talon. In Toronto, Genji took out an assassin sent to kill a Canadian senate member. In Switzerland, Mercy and Reinhardt helped out the wounded and protected them. In Kings Row, Mondatta was saved by Tracer and the slayer."

"You have no proof that the person who saved Mondatta was the slayer. All we know is that an unidentified man jumped in the way of Mondatta and took the bullet before running off. Speaking of Lena, where is she? In every UN meeting we've had, she's been present."

Jack sighed. "We moved base after our base was destroyed by the icon of sin, which the slayer killed. In our new base, the slayer didn't feel safe because of something which a talon assassin had injected into him, causing him to be unwillingly violent towards all life. He left back to hell to do some of Dr Samuel Hayden's missions while Mercy worked on a cure. We were attacked by Talon. Lena got captured, but the rest of us got away."

"You keep saying that the slayer is working with you, but you have no proof. Also, where is mercy? She's always here."

"She stayed at the base because she was expecting the slayer to return and needed to give him the cure."

"Anyway, overwatch is still illegal, and since this is the 2nd time you've illegally recalled, we're going to have to arrest you, until the slayer confirms the real truth."

As he finished saying that, the guards stood up and went to go handcuff the agents, until they heard shouting from outside.

"Hey, you can't be here!" Somebody shouted.

"We have permission to shoot if you do not abide. Leave now or we will terminate you!"

"I'm warning you, get back!"

This was followed by some gunfire and more shouts. Suddenly a guard came flying through the window. An alarm went off and the base went into lockdown. One of the guards inside the room ran over to the one who'd just been thrown through the window.

"What's happening out there?" He said.

"He, he's h-here." He said before losing consciousness.

The gunfire stopped and all we could hear was muffled screams. Everybody looked at the door. The door was in lockdown mode, so it was 12 inches of solid steel.