Chapter 35 - New House

I woke up with a jolt. Lena also did and she sat up.

"I guess we're here." I said. Lena started rubbing her eyes and stretched.

"Yeah, seems so."

Just then, our pilot walked through from the cockpit.

"Hello Slayer, hello Lena. We've arrived in Kings Row. I've landed as close as I could to your home, Lena. It's only about a kilometre away."

"Ok then." I said. "Thanks for doing this."

"Yeah, thanks luv." Lena said.

"I'm just doing my job." He said as he pushed a button and opened the door to the outside. It was still night time and was lightly snowing since it was late November.

I stood up and put my suit on. As I did so, Lena got a jumper out of her bag and put it on. It was quite a flashy jumper, it's was like blue and purple with splashes of other similar colours dotted around it. Safe to say, it looked so cute on Lena.

"When overwatch need you for any missions," our pilot said, "This is probably where I'll pick you up from, if you need it."

"Ok then." I said as I picked up 2 of Lena's bags. "Thanks for doing this, and have a safe flight to wherever you're going now. We'll see you soon."

"Bye luv." Lena chirped as she picked up her third bag. We walked off the dropship together and into the frosty outside.

"Brrrrr, it's cold out here." Lena said as she shivered a bit.

"Yeah I suppose it is. Well, let's not dither around then, lead the way to your house." I said.

We were on top of a building, but luckily there was a fire escape down the side of the building which we could walk down. We went to the bottom and walked out into the streets. A light layer of snow covered everything. It slightly crunched under foot as we walked.

"So, how far's your house?" I asked.

"Oh not far luv, just down here and it's on a street on the left." She replied.

There weren't many people on the streets at the time, since it was about 2 in the morning, although those who were on the streets were shocked at my presence to say the least, and none of them were expecting me to be walking around with Lena, who was like a community hero.

We turned onto the street with Lena's house on it and started to walk towards them. I heard something to my left and told Vega to scan the area. He highlighted 4 living beings down a side alley.

"Lena," I said as we walked past the alley. I stopped and put my bags down.

"What is it luv?" She replied, turning to face me.

"Can you hear that?" I said as we stopped moving. We stood for a second and listened. Lena heard it and started walking towards the alley.

"Someone's probably getting mugged." She said. She went to her bag and pulled her guns out before starting to walk through the alley. Soon enough, we came to an overturned bin. We stood on it and saw that there were 3 people who looked like bandits beating up a man who looked to be mid twenties. Lena jumped down to go help him. All 3 bandits looked at her and smiled.

"Alright boys, looks like the hot ones 'ere." One of the bandits said. "We're gonna have more then some fun tonight."

I already wanted to rip him to pieces just for that, but I left Lena to do her thing.

"Oh luv," Lena said sounding obviously angry. "I know how to play well rough, and I'm not afraid to do so."

The bandits laughed at her and smiled.

Doomwatch - Tracer X ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara