Chapter 14 - Cultist base (part 1)

Mercy pov.

I didn't know how long I'd been here. It could have been a day, it could have been a month, I had no clue. They had allowed Lena back into my cell, just to stop her crying. I really felt bad for her. She must be traumatized beyond imagination. I tried to do everything to help her, but as soon as she would calm down, another demon would walk past setting her off again. It was so distressing to see in such a state. She would cry herself to sleep at what we could only assume was night. We had no clue what time of day it was. There were no clocks and we couldn't see outside. It was cold and the food tasted disgusting.

"Oi you two food's 'ere." A guard shouted at us, shoving 2 bowls of soup and some bread on a tray under the bars. I grabbed the tray and pulled it next to me and Lena. The only nice thing about the food was that it was actually hot. Lena grabbed one of the bowls of soup and started drinking it without a spoon. She took a few swigs then put the bowl down and started eating a piece of bread.

"At least the foods hot." I said trying to stay positive.

"Ymm" Lena replied, with a piece of bread in her mouth.

"I wonder when overwatch will come for us." I said to myself.

"Lovey," I looked up to see one of the guards looking at me. "They're never coming for you. You're staying here forever, love."

Lena burst into tears and started crying into my shoulder. I hugged her and began to pray that what he said wasn't true and that overwatch were coming for us.

(Y/n)'s pov

We'd been on the drop ship for about 2 hours now. Everyone else was talking to each other, some being serious and discussing plans, others just enjoying themselves. I however was thinking on how I could kill Deag Ranak and his doom hunters.

I felt the ship slow down and land. I look up to see Jack standing there.

"We're here." He said. "Everyone, get your stuff. We're heading out."

Everyone did as he said. We all grabbed our kit and walked off the drop ship.

Jack pulled out a map to show me and Reinhardt.

"Right then. We are here" he said pointing at a hill next to the base. "We come in from here and go down this to there. That is the prison. That is where you'll find Angela and Lena. Reinhardt, you take Ana, Winston, Torbjörn and Brigitte to take Lena and Angela back to the ship. Me, (y/n), Mccree, Genji and Baptiste will go on through here to kill the doom hunters and the priest. Understand?"

"Yes sir." Reinhardt answered, walking off to address the plan to the team.

"(Y/n),"

"Yes?"

"Are you sure we will be able to do this?"

"I could do it by myself. I've fought off Aggadon hunters before. I saw what Genji and Mccree did to the marauder 2 days ago. If they can do that to him, they could do some pretty serious damage to this guy."

"If you say so."

Me and Jack walked back to the team.

"Is everyone ready?"

"Yes sir."

"Then let's head out."

We walked down to the base. Vega had identified a vent next to an exterior door. The door could only be opened from the inside and it was too strong for me to break open. We sent Genji through the vent to open the door from the inside. When he opened the door, we were greeted by quite a few dead imps and talon soldiers. What suprised me was the dead pinky on the floor as well.

"Did you kill that?" I asked Genji while pointing at the pinky.

"Yes. My sword cut through him like silk"

"Fair enough."

We all continued on down through the halls of the base. It was unnervingly empty. We were all expecting there to be hundreds of talon soldiers and demons, but there was nothing. All of a sudden however, the situation changed.

"I thought you would appreciate the sentry I chose. The great Aggadon hunters of the Telos realm, though long thought to be extinct, created only to hunt the slayer and his Knights Sentinels. Enjoy what is undoubtedly my finest work."

With that the blast doors at either end of the room closed and a hole in the floor opened up, revealing a huge demon with a floating chassis attached to the bottom. It had loads of weapons on it: it had 2 chainsaws on its left arm a laser cannon on its right arm and several mini missile launchers attached to it's base.
It looked asleep, but suddenly it got charged with argent energy. For a second it didn't move, but then the supports holding him detached. It's hovering chassis kept it off the floor. After about 2 seconds, it looked up at us. It moved forward and roared a deafening screech at us before getting ready to attack. I looked around at everyone. Genji was on the wall, Ana was as far back as possible with her sniper, Mccree and Soldier were hiding behind pillars, Reinhardt had his barrier up, shielding Baptiste, and Brigitte, Torbjörn and Winston were on the side line, setting up sentry turrets. The doom hunter looks right into my eyes and I look right at him. I could tell that it was scared of me. All of a sudden it raised its arms and roared, causing demons to spawn all around the place. These demons did not wait. They just immediately started attacking everyone. I looked around at everyone fighting the demons. Like Jack told them to, they were helping each other and it was working. I would have helped them, but my fight wasn't with the small ones, my fight was with the star of the show.