Chapter 21 - Mars Core.

I landed in the UAC Phobos base. I walked through the door and into what seemed to be a main control room.

I started walking through it, ignoring everyone around me.

"Oh my god, it's him!" Someone said as I walked through. Everyone was scared of me because the UAC had been telling everyone I didn't exist, and they believed it so.

I walked up to the man at the end, who seemed to be in charge. He had a red keycard around his neck. I dragged him by the keycard and to the scanner to open the door. As it opened, he gasped for air, having just been dragged about 10 foot by his neck.

"Hey, you can't be, here." One of the guards said before realising who I was."

I walked up to him and looked him in the face. He had the same plasma rifle as I did. I was considering taking it, but chose against it, although there was a chaingun next to him on the floor which I did take.

I walked into the glass elevator and made my way down to the bottom floor. I got a good view of where I was going, the BFG 10000.

As I got to the bottom, I was welcomed by a baron of hell killing UAC guards. If it wasn't for the fact that I wanted to try out my new chaingun, I would have let them die and left him, but as it was, I opened fire on it.

He stumbled around and tried to make his way towards me, but I'd unloaded about 100 rounds into him before he could get to me. As he fell backwards, I ran up to him and smashed his face in.

Getting to the BFG was just a normal days work, if your normal days work included slaughtering demons by the hundreds whilst listening to the most epic chainsaw metal soundtrack I could find.

Nothing was a challenge for me to kill. Barons, easy. Doom hunters, no problem. Hell even marauders went down without a fight. I had so much adrenaline in me because for once there would be consequences which affected me if I failed, those involving whatever Deag Grav and the Maykrs wanted to do to Lena.

I got up to the BFG and saw the door start to open. I could see the silhouette of something I hadn't seen in a long time, an Archvile. He walked towards me and grunted at me. As he got closer, he stuck his hands in the air and roared, causing the ground he was standing on to light on fire.

I readied my shotgun and ran at him. He put up a wall of fire between me and him, but that didn't stop my charge. I fired a shotgun round into his torso, causing him to teleport away from me. I turned around to face him only to see him summoning some hell knights. I ran up to him and punched him as hard as I could, causing him to become staggered and stopping the resurrection of the hell knights. As he was staggered, I cut off his leg. He looked at me in fear as I crushed his skull in my hands.

I got up and walked into the BFG 10000.

"I'm serious, that guy doesn't scare me." I heard a guard say. As soon as he said that I bust the door down into their room. They both looked at me. Even though they had helmets on, I could tell they were scared. As soon as I walked past them, they ran off.

"I'm lowering the control pod for the BFG for you now." Vega said. As he said that, a smallish spherical object came down an elevator tract and stopped at my level.

As I opened the door to it, I found a UAC soldier, presumably the one who was controlling it earlier. I grabbed him by the arm and threw him out of the pod. I got in and rode it back to the top where i could fire it.

I turned the gun and targeted the Mars surface. I clicked the trigger but again another fucking safety protocol kicked in and stopped me.

"Warning, Mars surface targeted. Safety protocols initiated."