Chapter 28 - Exultia

I woke up with Lena still in my arms. She was still fast asleep, so I didn't move since I didn't want to wake her up. All I did was admire her beauty and think about what I had to do today.

Today I had to pay an old friend a visit. I had to visit Valen, my first commander in the Knights Sentinels, to question him about the icon of sin. If what I thought was true and that he was getting awoken, I would be in for the fight of my life.

I also thought about King Novik. To get to Valen, I would have to go past King Novik's chamber. I had to pay him a visit as well, since he was the ruler of my people.

I stayed in bed for a while, thinking about all of this, before Lena finally woke up. She slowly opened her eyes and looked into mine.

"Morning luv." She said while kissing me on the cheek.

"Morning Lena." I replied. I gave her a bit of room to stretch, as she seemed like she quite wanted to do so. I got out of bed and put the same clothes on as I was wearing yesterday. Lena got up as well and got dressed.

"So, what do you want for breakfast?" Lena asked.

"Let's head to the cafeteria. I'm not saying your food is bad, cause it sure as hell isn't, but you've done enough for me recently and I think it's about time you took a brake."

Lena looked at me and smiled. She walked up to me and kissed me on the cheek, grabbed my hands as she did so. "Ok then, lead the way."

Me and Lena walked into the cafeteria. It was about half eight so there were a few people in the cafeteria, namely Genji, Angela and Mccree. Lena looked at Mccree and frowned a little.

"Why you looking at Mccree like that?" I asked as we walked over to get our food.

"He was with Jack on the vote to stay or leave you there."

"Oh, well, I'm fine now, aren't I? And that's what matters."

She looked at me and smiled. We got our food and then sat down next to Angela, Genji and Mccree. Angela and Genji knew that we were back, but I don't think Mccree did. When he saw me and Lena sit down, his face recoiled in suprise.

"Oh my, I, I am so sorry, (y/n). I don't know why I said to leave, I must've thought -"

"It's fine Mccree, it wasn't your fault."

Everyone looked at me in slight suprise, especially Lena.

"What do you mean it wasn't his fault?" Lena said. "He made his choice to say no!"

I could tell that Lena was annoyed, but she didn't know what I meant.

"He wasn't in control. The Khan Maykr is taking control of some of us. She's trying to do everything to kill me because she knows I will bring the downfall of Urdak. There are a few reasons why you guys who did say yes said yes though. Genji because he's half machine, which the Khan Maykr can't control, Angela's will to do the right thing was too strong, Reinhardt's too big for the Khan Maykr to warrant using that much energy for, and she wants you to be a target."

Lena's look went from that of annoyance to confusion.

"She wants me to be a target? What, why?"

"She knows how much you mean to me. She wants to use you as a bargain for something. If she's able to kidnap you, she could control me. My heart was pure, but now it has been distorted by the violence behind good intentions. Through heaven and hell and worlds of purgatory, I burn with unholy ascension which even the gods and devils fear. They know that you are the most important thing to me, and if they capture you, they can control me and let themselves remain unchecked."