Chapter 8 - Aftermath

I carried Lena to the med bay. To no surprise, there were quite a few people in there.

"Ah (y/n), put Lena down here" Angela says leading me to one of the empty beds. "What happened to her?"

"I saw she was in a knife fight with a purple woman. She's been cut a few times and from what I saw, she might have a broken leg.

"Thank you (y/n). Are you ok?"

"I'm fine. I've been through much worse."

"Ok"

I walked out of the med bay to see Jack talking to a cowboy and Reinhardt.

"Ah (y/n)," Jack said to me. "You're just the person we're looking for. That was Talon. They're trying to change the world through conflict and have been our main enemy for years."

"How do I come into this?"

"We're striking back at them. We know the location of one of their bases and we're going after it."

"Me, you, Morrison and Mccree are going after them." Reinhardt says.

"Ok. When do we leave?"

"2 days time. You've got time to recover, get to know us or do whatever you need to do."

"Ok." With that I walked back into the med bay to ask Angela how Lena's doing.

"Is she ok?"

"Yeah she's fine. She does have a broken leg, but the cuts were nothing and she'll be fighting in about 2 days."

"Ok."

I walked back out of the med bay again and headed back to my room. I take the suit off and have a shower. My god it was nice to have a shower. I hadn't had one in so long. I get out and put on a different set of clothes.

"(Y/n)"

"What is it Vega?"

"I have crafted the heavy assault rifle for you. It is in your fortress waiting."

"Ok. Get a portal ready for me. I'm not gonna stay there long."

With that I put my suit on and go through the blue portal, not realising how loud it was.

"Where is it Vega?"

"It is on the floor below you, next to the exterior exits."

I go down there and pick it up. Vega must have upgraded it a little, since it had a micro-rocket pod launcher on the side. I put it into my pack and go back upstairs.

"Any news from the ARC?"

"No. I haven't heard anything from them in 4 days."

"Ok."

With that I looked back at earth. There were a few big pentagrams on it, but I knew that this was just the beginning.

I walked back through to my room to find Jack, Reinhardt and a cyborg ninja all looking ready for a fight.

"Who are you?" Jack shouted, pointing his gun at me.

"It's me, (y/n)."

"Oh shit. Sorry (y/n). Genji heard a loud persistent noise coming from your room. We went in and saw that blue thing and didn't know it was yours."

Reinhardt and Genji leave, but Jack stayed to ask me a few questions.

"What was that?"

"That's was a portal."

"A portal? Where to?"

"My fortress."

"You have a fortress?"

"Vega, explain."

Vega then explained to Jack everything important about the fortress, stating what it is, what's in it, how to get to it and its origins.

"Winston might want to hear about this." Jack says.

I didn't know who Winston was, but I didn't really care. If he was on our side then I didn't mind if he knew about my tech.

"Anyway (y/n), you got your first mission in 2 days. I'm gonna leave you to get some rest. Also, could you not do that portal thing in the barracks. It's fucking loud."

I nodded at Jack as he left. After he went, I laid down on the couch, still following what Lena told me about relaxing and before I realised, I was asleep.